Disability Analyst- Nurse
Disability Analyst - Physiotherapist - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Recruiting for Care are currently looking for occupational therapists, registered nurses, paramedics and physiotherapists to join our team.
As a medical (disability) assessor you will join an established team of highly skilled health care professionals.
The role on offer is both challenging and rewarding; you will utilise your clinical and evidence based knowledge, highly tuned interpersonal skills and examination skills to work determine how disabilities or impairments (from a range of health conditions) impact on activities of daily living.
You will assess individuals who are making a claim for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP), and the role has flexible working days and hours.
Our initial training is highly supportive and will help you develop any news skills to undertake this exciting role.
- Part Time - 4 days a week
- Package: £32,000 pro rata
- CPD funding for external courses
- Clinical support and structure in place to help support you.
- Must have a minimum 2 years post qualification experience
As part of the Government's welfare reform agenda, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have introduced a new benefit called the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
Replacing the Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
PIP is designed to better reflect today's understanding of disability and is focused on helping with the extra costs disabled people face to lead independent lives.
To become a PIP Assessor you will undertake a 4 stage training programme that will build on your professional skills and provide you with the new competencies essential for the role:
1) E learning (20-30 hours)
2) Face to face course =4.5 days ( maybe residential depending on home location)
3) Mentored assessment period
4) Reports audited until satisfactory grades achieved.
- To carry out medical examinations and provide medical advice on capacity of work (PIP assessments).
Work to productivity and quality targets and respond positively to feedback.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information/medical evidence and provide reports in a professional and concise manner.
- Produce succinct, accurate and comprehensive reports in plain English to enable decision making and are of a good standard before being forwarded to the client
To apply online or to discuss in more detail please call Orla from Recruiting for Care
More Jobs from Recruiting for Care
- Disability Analyst
- Registered Nurses (Neurological Care) - up to £16.40ph
- Registered Children's Home Manager
- Residential Childrens home manager
- Childrens support workers (Triple Xmas pay)
- Dentists (private healthcare clinic in Hemel Hempstead)
- Homecare Workers - Stevenage
- Homecare Workers - Sutton Coldfield
- Homecare Workers - various locations in Birmingham
- Physiotherapist - Functional Assessor - Hatfield
- Nurse - Functional Assessor - Hatfield
- Domiciliary Care Workers - Hitchin (£17,680)
- Business Manager (Care / Charity sector)
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD) - up to £16ph
- General Radiographer - Hemel Hempstead
- Physiotherapist - Birmingham
- Speech and Language Therapist - Northampton
- Occupational Health Advisor (OHA) - Bolton, Oldham and Wigan
- Homecare Workers - Letchworth Garden City