HGV Workshop Technician - Burton on Trent
HGV Workshop Technician - Burton on Trent
Job Type: Perm
Salary: to be discussed on interview
ESTABLISHED IN 1983 LIMITED COMPANY IS THE LARGEST INDEPENDENT SCANIA DEALER IN EUROPE SERVING THE MIDLANDS AND SOUTH WALES FROM ITS 20 OPERATING LOCATIONS INCLUDING 18 DEALER POINTS LOCATED AT BURTON ON TRENT, CALDICOT, CARDIFF, CHELTENHAM, COVENTRY, CROSS HANDS, DROITWICH, GROBY, LUTTERWORTH, NEWARK, NOTTINGHAM, ROSS-ON-WYE, RUGBY, SUTTON IN ASHFIELD, TAMWORTH, WILLENHALL, WEST BROMWICH (INCLUDING THE COMPANY'S HEAD OFFICE & SALES) & WORKSOP
Monday to Friday alternate shifts (40 hours/week)
6.00am - 2.00pm / 2.00pm - 10.00pm (inclusive of 30 minutes paid break) Plus alternate Saturdays 6.00am - 12.00noon paid as overtime
Particular areas of responsibility will be to:
Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicle using appropriate equipment and tools in a safe and economical manner.
Diagnose and rectify all types of faults.
Where agreed, to attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customer's premises.
Ensure all customers and company vehicles are handled with care and all reasonable steps are taken to return the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition on completion of work undertaken.
Liaise with parts department to attain parts as required, within authority level, and ensure service exchange and warranty parts procedures are adhered to.
Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to, including the mandatory wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) and machine guarding.
Ensure that before any work is undertaken an appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed correctly and signed off before the end of the shift.
Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the business in order to maintain the company image and a safe working environment.
Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and to attend training courses as required.
Reporting to: Workshop Controller
Accountable to: Branch Manager
Reporting to the Workshop Controller on a day-to-day basis, the post holder will undertake regular maintenance and repair of our customer's vehicles competently and efficiently in order to maintain good road safety and maximise customer service levels.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
Good verbal communication skills.
Excellent customer care skills.
Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
Technical Qualification or proven experience of repairing and maintaining vehicles
Excellent awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
Qualification required: HGV Technical qualifications
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Java Developer / Senior Java Developer - Huntingdon
- Project Manager (e-Prescribing software implementation) - Home based with UK travel
- Project Manager - NHS Software Implementations - Home based with Travel
- Java Developer - Coventry
- Solution Architect (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Senior .Net Developer (C# asp.net) - South Birmingham (near the NEC)
- Implementation Consultant - Financial, Accounting, Payment Software - Home based with UK Travel
- Hosted Service Engineer - (not shifts) - Altrincham, South Manchester
- Customer Support Analyst (Application Support) - Altrincham
- Tax Manager Fully ACA / ACCA Qualified - Basildon, Essex
- Research & Development Tax Credit Consultant AAT Qualified - Litchfield, Staffordshire
- Time Served Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Welder / Fabricator - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Sales Negotiator - Liverpool
- Senior Technical Services Engineer - Leeds
- IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - London
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst 1st/2nd Line Support - Leeds
- Senior Accounts Assistant AAT - Practice Experience / Nearly qualified ACCA/ ACA - Plymouth