Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Pay rate: c£35,000 pa
Industry sector: Oil & Gas
Mechanical Design Engineer - Manchester - £35,000 pa
Reporting to: Engineering Manager (in Manchester HQ)
- Utilising 2D & 3D CAD software programmes (AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor), to produce detail drawings of firefighting equipment, in line with Client specifications and Company requirements.
- Drawings may include, but not be limited to; GA's, P&ID's, schematics, fabrication drawings, piping isometrics and loading diagrams
- Produce related documentation, which may include, but not be limited to; technical data sheets, operating manuals and test procedures.
- Carry out/verify loading and other calculations as required.
- Checking of drawings, calculations and data as required.
- Production of bills of material with appropriate selection of all materials to suit job locations.
- Working on any number of projects in various parts of the world, supplying standard firefighting products and bespoke systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of international design codes and standards including ASME, ISO, BS, EN
- Working within specified timescales to achieve agreed completion dates.
- Liaison as required with Company selected sub-suppliers.
- Working closely with other Company personnel particularly the Contract Engineering and Production departments.
- To carry out any other reasonable duty as requested by the Company.
- You will be required to encourage others by example i.e.
by high standards of communication, by being able to prioritise your day to day tasks effectively, to develop a disciplined approach to all allocated duties, to keep a tidy working area and to willingly pass on expert knowledge to colleagues by being an intrinsic and valuable member of the Engineering Team.
- A salary circa £35,000 per annum.
(Salaries are reviewed annually in February / March and back dated to 1st January, given there is an award).
- Holidays 25 annually (3 fixed for Christmas shutdown) + 8 statutory.
- Pension scheme (3% company contribution to the company pension scheme, subject to matched contribution).
Note that auto enrolment rules now apply.
- Death in service benefit; 2 x salary.
A salary in the region of £35,000 pa.
To apply for this position please click apply now.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Centre Lathe Turner
- Field Service Engineer
- Technical Manager / Design Manager (PRS Schemes)
- Senior Technical Officer
- Mechanical Design Engineer (Inventor)
- Mechanical Fitter
- Proposals Engineer
- Sales Co-ordinator / Sales Administrator
- Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Instrument / Electrical Calibration Technician (Part Time)
- Machine Operative – Double Glazing
- Dimensional / Mechanical Calibration Engineer
- Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) - Housing/Property
- Installation Engineer (Elec/Mech)
- Expenses Clerk
- Senior Mechanical Engineer