NHS Band 5 Theatre (Recovery) Practitioner
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Band 5 Operating Theatre (Recovery) Practitioner to join our NHS client's busy perioperative at their acute hospital site, located in the life sciences/Biotech hub of Stevenage, Hertfordshire, surrounded by beautiful countryside and leafy suburbs.
Our client is a major NHS Trust in North Hertfordshire providing care to a catchment area of nearly 600,000 people.
It comprises three acute sites at Stevenage, Welwyn and Hertford, all of which are right on the A1(M) Motorway and close to the M1, offering easy access to central London by train, and to Luton Airport.
The Trust also oversees a specialist cancer centre in Northwood, on the semi-rural fringe of Northwest London.
The hospital's Operating Theatres department carries out approximately 23,000 operations per year, across specialities including Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Urology, Colorectal, ENT, Plastic Surgery, Opthalmology and Vascular Surgery.
This trust will provide subsidised local staff accommodation and flights/travel expenses paid for nurses relocating to the area.
Nurses who have not yet registered with the NMC are welcome to apply; successful applicants will be invited to commence on the top of Band 3 Healthcare Assistant scale (£20,400) pending NMC registration.
Registered Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner with (or eligible for- see above) NMC or HCPC registration as appropriate.
A minimum of six months' post-graduate experience; including capable and articulate student/graduate ODPs yet to qualify.
Graduate Registered Nurses with relevant placement experience and a desire to develop into the role will be considered.
Medic International is an awarded supplier of permanent staff to the NHS under the LPP Framework agreement.
Our extensive experience as a nurse-led consultancy places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the needs of our NHS Trust clients.
Salary £21,909 - £28, 462 plus accommodation, relocation and full NHS Employee Benefits.
For a summary of all Medic International jobs in Hertfordshire, click HERE, or, for all Medic Nursing, Theatre & AHP vacancies, click HERE.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: Â£21.9k - 28.5k per year + Relocation, Accomm, NHS Benefits
- Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Contact: Jill Mills or Shayne Parfrey
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TR506/S07
- Posted: 2016-10-12 18:50:06 -
- View all Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
More Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Social Worker - Hospice / Palliative Care (22.5 hrs P/t)
- NHS Band 5 (Enhanced salary) Trauma & Ortho Staff Nurse
- NHS Band 6 (Enhanced Salary) NICU Team Leader
- NHS Band 6 (Enhanced Salary) Diabetes Senior Staff Nurse
- Senior Occupational Therapist P/T
- Hospital Pharmacist
- RGN - Infection Control & Tissue Viability - Surgical Ward
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - Rotational (Enhanced salary)
- Clinical Service Manager - Urgent Care
- NHS Band 5 (Enhanced salary) Medical Assessment Staff Nurse
- Orthopaedic Nurses - Notificatitions for Future Opportunities
- NHS Band 5 (Enhanced salary) Surgical Assessment Staff Nurse
- Operating Theatre CSSD / Support Worker - Register for future roles
- Primary Care Nurses - Register for Opportunities
- Gastro / Hepatobiliary Nurses - Notificatitions for Future Opportunities
- Midwives - Register for Future Opportunities
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Outpatients (Enhanced salary)
- X-Ray / Radiology Nurses - Register for Future Opportunities
- Neurology / Neurosurgery / Rehab Nurses - Notificatitions for Future Opportunities
- Health Visitors - Register for Future Opportunities