Quality Engineer / QA Technician (Process Manufacturing)
Quality Assurance Engineer required immediately for a permanent / temp to perm position in St Helens, Merseyside area.
Salary for this position is £20,000 - £27,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
The successful Quality Assurance Engineer will be working circa 40 hours (Mon-Fri days) and will receive training where required, security and long term career prospects.
The successful Quality Engineer / QA Inspector / Technician day to day duties will include:
- Day to day supervision of QC function including liaison with Production and shop floor.
- Hands on inspection of raw material and produced components to ensure compliance to drawings and specifications (particularly for holiday cover and at busy periods)
- In-process inspection to ensure ongoing product quality during production
- Maintaining dimensional / mechanical calibration system
- Training production staff (SPC / Quality)
- Analysing data, generate reports as and when required.
- Performing product and process audits
- Performing NDT tests in the Metallurgical Laboratory
The ideal QA Engineer / Technician will have the following skills / experience:
- Completed relevant engineering apprenticeship.
- Recent experience as a QA Engineer / Technician.
- Process manufacturing experience.
- 8D, PPAP, FMEA
- Metallurgical experience
- TS 16949 knowledge
- Good knowledge of SPC
- Experience of maintaining a calibration system and calibrating dimensional / mechanical measuring devices such as verniers, DTI's, calipers, micrometers, plug and ring gauges, thread gauges, screw gauges, fixtures, engineers' squares, height gauges to in-house standards.
- Able to read engineering drawings / AutoCAD 2D/3D
- CMM programming / operating experience (preferably Aberlink)
- Mechanical Inspection / QA experience.
- Continuous Improvement Knowledge such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, 5S, 5Y etc.
Salary and Benefits
- £20,000 - £27,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Company pension
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Key Words: Quality Engineer, Process Manufacturing, Quality Inspector, QA, Mechanical Inspection, QC, ISO 9001, TS16949, Quality Technician, Auditing, Continuous Improvement, Production, 8D, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, 5Y, St Helens, Merseyside
The successful Quality Engineer / QA Inspector / Technician will need to be self-motivated, who is proactive and has a flexible approach and willing to work overtime when required.
You will have recent experience of working for a manufacturing company and quality inspection experience.
To apply, please click on the apply now button to apply for this role.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Installation Engineer (Elec/Mech)
- Expenses Clerk
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Technical Service Engineer
- Electrical Calibration Engineer (RF / DC / LF)
- Dimensional / Mechanical Calibration Engineer / Technician
- Field Service Engineer / Service Technician
- Calibration / Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Air Tools)
- CNC Machinist
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical / Dimensional Calibration Technician / Engineer
- Technical Officer
- Electronic Bench Repair Technician / Engineer (Instruments)
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Civil 3D Designer
- Civil Structural Engineers