Our client, based in Berkshire, is looking to recruit an experienced Design Engineer with experience of working within telecommunications to deliver high quality structural designs for telecommunications sites.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding company who have recently secured a number of large contracts.
Working across all of our client's projects, the design engineer would work with the site Project Engineer to produce site specific designs, placing emphasis on quality design outputs and compliance with internal quality standards.
You would take the responsibility to ensure efficient design and good communication amongst design stakeholders (internal & external) in order to minimise design changes and improve design quality.
Ultimately you would be responsible for the design of large portfolio of sites through the design process, ensuring designs are completed in accordance with agreed service levels.
You would ensure the design requirements of this company's clients are captured and that high-quality, safe, commercially viable designs are produced both internally and by third parties (subcontractors).
Experience of working within telecoms and CAD experience is required for this role as you would likely be expected to hit the ground running and work using your own initiative.
We are looking for someone who is professional and practical.
Recent working experience is preferred but we will consider other applications as long as you have worked in a similar role.
Main duties to include:
* To undertake/review site surveys and produce survey reports which detail the workable solutions
* Produce design packs and collaboratively work with internal and external CAD resource.
* Responsible for checking the drawing content to ensure workable design complies with client specifications
* Ensure design ?buildability' and cost control processes and considerations within designs
* Support the Lead Engineer as required in particular through expert structural design advice
* Partake in design forums / discussions and disseminate information related to design
* Mentoring, motivation and support for graduate engineers
* Act as an ?escalation point' for project engineers who require design assistance
* Provide designated point of contact to clients for all matters relating to structural engineering
* Ensure milestones are met within agreed timeframes
* Attend multi skilled visits (MSV) providing practical and relevant design advice to meet site and client specifications
* Work closely with Project Managers, Acquisition Surveyors, Project Engineers and other key stakeholders
* Be good at developing working relationships at all levels, with both internal colleagues and external clients/suppliers/contractors
* Provide high-quality, accurate updates and reports as requested by various stakeholders
We are looking for:
* Degree qualified in Construction/Engineering or a related discipline (this is preferred but experience will be taken into account)
* Experience as a mobile telecommunications Design Engineer highly desirable (experience of on-site surveys and design experience of Greenfield, Rooftop and Streetworks sites ideal).
* Knowledge of the latest version of AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT, photo editing software, Pro-MAP
* Capable of producing plan and elevation views with associated standard design requirements
* Experience of rooftop safety regulations and design requirements
* Working knowledge of CDM Regulations and British Standards
* Knowledge of Construction and H&S laws, practices and techniques
* Computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages including, word, excel, outlook, AutoCAD, photo editing software, ProMAP and databases
* Familiarity with real time activities and reporting packages and databases
* Strong commercial awareness (particularly in relation to construction costs)
* Ability to handle heavy workload and competing priorities
* Flexible and professional approach to work and be a team player
In return you can expect:
* Salary up to £40k per annum
* Hours of work Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
* Medical cover
* Death in service
* 22 days holiday rising to 27 with service
If you are interested in this position please contact Ilana kaye on 0161 359 3111 or email a copy of your CV and current salary, quoting reference number: SSDE2592 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT ?LIKE' OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME THROUGH DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Perm
- Rate: 38000-40000 Per Annum + excellent benefits package
- Location: Berkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Telecoms
- Recruiter: F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Contact: Ilana Kaye
- Tel: 01613593111
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SSDE2592
- Posted: 2016-10-13 15:29:33 -
- View all Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from F1rst Commmercial Recruitment Ltd
- Moulding Technician/Shift Supervisor
- Accounts Semi Senior
- Accounts Senior
- Audit Senior
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Systems Data Analysis Administrator
- PPC Manager/Paid Search Specialist/SEO Manager
- Office Junior
- Finance Admin Assistant
- Relationship Manager
- Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager
- Personal Tax Adviser
- Payroll Services Assistant
- Product Design Manager
- Corporate Services Senior/ Semi Senior
- Application Support Analyst
- Trainee/Graduate Recruitment Resourcer
- Sales Manager
- Software Developer : C#/.NET