Purchasing Assistant / Buyer Administrator
Our client based in the Knutsford area is looking for a full time permanent Purchasing Assistant.
The ideal candidate will have come from a manufacturing or Engineering background.
- Raise and place purchase orders with external suppliers and service providers.
- Maintain key data on SYSPRO, including delivery dates, lead times, prices etc.
- Deal with telephone enquiries.
- General administrative duties as required including reception lunchtime and holiday cover.
- Expediting urgently required orders.
- Problem solving discrepancies in quality, price, quantity, delivery and performance.
- Resolving invoice queries.
- Internal liaison with other departments/teams.
- Organised and resourceful.
- Team worker with assertive nature.
- Interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to cope with demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Methodical approach with transparent record keeping.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Potential to develop in line with the growth of the business.
- Previous experience of working within a busy manufacturing/engineering background
- good IT skills in MicroSoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and business systems used in an MRP/ERP environment
Qualifications - Desirable
- CIPS trained
- BTEC / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Business Admin
Please send your CV to apply or call Leon at GPW Recruitment for more information.
More Jobs from GPW Recruitment Services
- Accounts Administrator
- COTS LABOURERS
- 2 Part 2 Scaffolders Required
- Part Time Cleaner
- Electrical Software Engineer
- Auto Electrician
- Concrete Finisher
- Engineering Manager
- Compex Electrician
- Export Sales Administrator
- Field Service Engineer / Service Technician - Gas Engines
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Mechanical Technician
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Branch Leader (Automotive)
- Quality Engineer / QA Technician (Process Manufacturing)
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Sales Executive