POSITION: Administration Assistant - Engineering
COMMUTABLE FROM: Wakefield, Leeds, Dewsbury Bradford, Huddersfield, Brighouse,
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: £16,000 - £18,000 per annum depending on skills and experience + Benefits
Working exclusively on behalf of our client who is a family owned business within the Steel Industry we are now looking to recruit Administration Assistant to join their Purchasing team.
The position presents an exciting opportunity for an individual that has worked within an Engineering Business with good administration skills looking to develop into purchasing.
The role would ideally suit someone that can work autonomously, has strong analytical and negotiation skills, can identify cost savings and implement new efficiencies if needed.
Previous experience within an engineering business is a must with good all round administrative and organisational skills
Working closely with the Purchasing Manager your key duties will include:
- Raising of purchase orders and other relevant Purchasing administration.
- Assisting the purchasing department with any ad hoc duties
- Liaising with the warehouse on a daily basis
- Monitoring of supplier performance
- Building and maintaining of supplier relationships
- Preparing delivery notes
- Basic book keeping duties
- Liaison with customers and suppliers
- Booking goods in/out
- Ambitious and driven to learn and progress within the role
Ideal Candidates Experience and Skills:
- Ideally you will be carrying out purchasing related activities as part of your current role.
- Previous experience within an Engineering Business (Essential)
- Ability to process from initial request for quotes through to invoicing of goods received.
- Experienced with processing a high volume of orders is desired
- Open to learn new skills and adapt to the companies processes and procedures, whilst also implementing efficiencies if needed.
- Adaptable and flexible proactive approach and the ability to work under sometimes high pressure and on your own initiative is a major requirement for this role.
- Passion for resolving issues.
- An analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements.
- Organised with excellent time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good IT Skills
- Proficient with all MS Office disciplines
A great salary is offered (dependant on skills and experience) 22 days holidays + Stats, Pension Scheme, & working hours.
If you are looking for a career with longevity and to have the opportunity to work in a fun working environment with the opportunity to progress within a company that is further expanding then I look forward to hearing from you.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to Tracie Norton or call on 01484 645269 for more details.
This position is being advertised by E3 Recruitment (UK) LLP who operate as an employment business
- Start: immediately
- Duration: fulltime
- Rate: £16000.00 - £1800000 per annum + benefits
- Location: West Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Secreterial
- Recruiter: E3 Recruitment
- Tel: 01484645269 07807340744
- Fax: 01484 500385
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2016-10-13 23:35:02 -
- View all Jobs from E3 Recruitment
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- CNC setter operator
- Contracts Manager
- Technical job controller/Workshop controller
- Pipefitter - Solvent Welding
- Mechanical Field Service Engineer
- CNC Turner
- Health and Safety Director
- Executive PA
- Quality Engineer
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- CNC Press Brake Setter-Operator
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Chief Engineer Power Transmission
- FABRICATIONS ESTIMATOR
- Mechanical Design Engineer (Rotating Equipment)
- Chief Engineer
- Chief Engineer.
- Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
- Service Engineer - Bakery