Paediatric Oncology Clinical Practice
- As part of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will facilitate in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients’ care, in a holistic manner.
- In the absence of the ward sister, the post holder will have continuing responsibility for the management of the unit including supervision and deployment of staff.
- Provide specialist clinical practice and theoretical knowledge to the patient, family, carers, colleagues, pre and post registration learners, support staff, medical students, other disciplines, and families.
- The post holder has responsibility and accountability for maintaining both clinical and staff governance.
- To support the modern matron, and senior sister in the development of an environment that promotes staff development and training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work 50% of the time in the clinical area supporting staff to develop competencies in specialist areas.
- Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
- Work within and monitor standards of care within the defined policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the Unit to ensure adherence to, and delivery of, a high quality service.
- Ensure all staff are complying with infection control standards and relevant care bundles to the department.
- Ensure effective communication processes are in place to meet the needs of patients, relatives and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- In support of the Charge Nurses ensure that all nursing staff is aware of, and work within, local, directorate and Division policies and procedures to ensure that safe working practices are maintained for both patients and staff.
- Propose and develop policies/procedures and working practices within clinical area and ensure they are implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring the agreed standard of patient care is delivered during span of duty and is monitored through participating in clinical audit.
- Where relevant be proactively involved in research programmes within the clinical area and implement and disseminate findings of relevance to the multidisciplinary team.
- Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
- To maintain accurate patient records and educate staff members in relation to the importance of documentation
- Respects legislation in relation to child protection and mandatory reporting at all times.
- Respect and address the equality and diversity needs of patients, families, carer’s staff, and the multidisciplinary team.
- Promote discharge planning commencing at admission and educate junior staff with regards to discharge planning.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent cardiology/Oncology clinical skills
- Relevant specialist skills and abilities for the department e.g.
- Effective managerial, leadership and organisational skills.
- Effective teaching, training and preceptorship skills
- Able to motivate and develop a team of staff
- Able to problem solve and initiate change
- Able to work across professional team and organizational boundaries
- Ability to delegate and prioritise
INTERESTED? PLEASE CONTACT JESSICA ALVES
0207 861 8777
- Start: 14/10/2016
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Â£39174 to Â£45419 Per: annum
- Location: London,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: HCL Permanent
- Contact: Jessica Alves
- Tel: 08450 063 701
- Fax: 0870 762 7968
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 5465646POJA
- Posted: 2016-10-14 14:25:12 -
- View all Jobs from HCL Permanent
More Jobs from HCL Permanent
- Consultant Histopathologist/Cytopathologist
- Senior Clinical Fellow in Paediatrics
- Consultant (Emergency Medicine)
- Specialty Doctor (Anaesthetics)
- Infermieri a Leeds e Manchester
- Cardiology Positions- Bupa Cromwell
- Endoscopy Nurse wanted for Royal Free
- BMI- London
- Nurses wanted for the Elderly Care Department - NHS Hospital
- Theatre nurses
- Surgical Nurses for Wexham NHS Hospital
- Enfermeros para Basildon, al lado de Londres
- Basildon University Hospital
- Recovery Nurse - King Edwards VII
- Nurses wanted for Hinchingbrooke NHS Hospital - Cambridgeshire
- Scrub Nurse / ODP with Gynaecology or Urology experience
- Great opportunities for Newly Qualified Nurses in UK
- Anaestetic Nurse /ODP for Oxford
- Nurses wanted for Royal NHS Bournemouh Hospital
- Breast Care Specialist Nurse