Operating Theatre (Scrub) Practitioner
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Operating Theatre (Scrub) Practitioner to join our client's busy team at their acute hospital site, based in the outer southern suburb of Croydon, Greater London, with strong rail links to Central London, Gatwick and Brighton.
This is a full-time post but our client is open to hearing from nurses seeking to negotiate a part-time opportunity; however, fixed hours cannot be guaranteed.
Our client is a key large provider of independent healthcare in the UK, working with many of the North East’s top Consultants and multidisciplinary healthcare specialists.
Our client delivers an exemplary standard of Acute Surgical & Critical Care with the aid of state-of-the-art equipment.
The successful candidate will assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, co-ordinate the use of supplies and carry out mandatory patient/surgical checks, while applying well-developed clinical reasoning skills.
RGN or ODP with full registration with the NMC or HCPC
Typically at least one year's Operating Theatre experience; may also consider capable and articulate graduate Operating Department Practitioners with a desire to develop into the Scrub role.
Besides a highly professional work environment, the additional benefits of working for this company include:
- Up to 30 days paid holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid sick leave of up to 13 weeks, depending on length of service
- Private medical cover for yourself, your partner and/ or children
- Life insurance cover
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Health Screening
- Discounted hospital treatment for your family and friends
- Discounted gym membership
Medic International is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Operating Theatre staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity and interdependency of theatre roles has placed us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
We are also able to provide reasonably priced professional local staff accommodation for applicants who may be considering relocation for any of our positions.
For a summary of all current Medic International Scrub vacancies click HERE, and for an overall summary of all Theatre vacancies click HERE.
- Start: Permanent, Ongoing, full-time
- Rate: Â£29k - 33k per year + Private Medical, Pension, Employee Be
- Location: Croydon, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Medical
- Recruiter: Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Contact: Jill Mills or Shayne Parfrey
- Tel: 020 7112 9087
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TS914/02
- Posted: 2016-10-14 14:29:05 -
- View all Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
More Jobs from Medic International-Nursing, Theatres and AHP
- Senior Staff Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab (Band 6)
- Staff Nurse- Neuro Rehabilitation (Band 5/6)
- Staff Nurse - Oncology Inpatients (Band 5/6)
- NHS Band 6 (Enhanced Salary) NICU Team Leader
- NHS Band 5 (Enhanced salary) Trauma & Ortho Staff Nurse
- NHS Band 6 (Enhanced Salary) Clinical Educator - Surgical
- NHS Band 5 (Enhanced salary) Medical Assessment Staff Nurse
- NHS Band 5 (Enhanced salary) Surgical Assessment Staff Nurse
- NHS Band 6 (Enhanced Salary) Diabetes Senior Staff Nurse
- NHS Band 5 Paediatric Staff Nurse - Rotational (Enhanced salary)
- Enfermeiros/as para hospital pÃºblico NHS (salÃ¡rio melhorado)
- NHS Band 6 (Enhanced Salary) Senior Staff Nurse - Pre-Assessment
- Staff Nurse - Chemotherapy Day Unit (Band 5/6)
- NHS Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse - Dialysis (Enhanced Band 6 salary)
- Staff Nurse - Oncology/Inpatient Unit (Band 5/6)
- NHS Band 5 Theatre Cardiac Anaesthetic Practitioner
- Staff Nurse - Paediatric ICU (+Â£3,000 bonus)
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
- NHS Band 5 Staff Nurse - Dialysis (Enhanced salary)