IT Customer Support Engineer - London, Wandsworth
IT Customer Support Engineer - London, Wandsworth
Package: £20k to £24k Plus Pension, Private healthcare, Life Assurance
A leading supplier of IT Managed Service solutions within the education, Schools & Academy Market require an IT Customer Support Engineer to provide onsite desktop support to a school in the London area.
Assess incoming incidents and prioritise work according to contractual timescales and processes.
Keep accurate and timely records within the incident monitoring system making sure that customers receive feedback at all times on the progress of faults and changes.
Carry out technical investigation into support calls and escalate to the technical team where issues cannot be progressed.
Liaise with the service desk and school staff to help gather further information in relation to specific issues
Maintain spare ICT hardware ensuring the latest school image has been deployed and is ready for use
Instigate hardware swap outs within the timescales set out by the contract to maintain service availability on failed devices.
Arrange and repair (where required) equipment under the terms of the warranty agreement on specific hardware
Produce formal damage reports as per the damage report process.
Maintain and complete checklists for daily/weekly/monthly tasks
Monitor disk space usage within the school and assist in the production of automated disk management reports for school nominated representatives
Provide assistance in coordinating the testing and installation of new 3rd party software to the school image in accordance with the change process
Assist the school in data management and escalate any disk management issues to the Service Desk and/or Technical Manager.
Log incidents on the support system when required
Maintain asset inventory changes when kit is moved/deployed within the school
Escalate issues impacting on your ability to meet your specific objectives to the Field Support Manager ensuring issues are flagged in a timely manner.
Undertake a maintenance and cleaning schedule on specified assets keeping accurate records of work undertaken
Perform PAT testing (where trained) on ICT equipment within the school covered by the Managed Service.
Provide excellent customer service and be fully responsive to the needs of the school, escalating any conflicts to the Field Support Manager
Technical experience of receiving and resolving issues in ICT within schools over a range of devices
Some experience of identifying and resolving issues relating to the following:
Windows and iOS devices
Printers and print management solutions
Projectors, IWBs and other interactive teaching technologies
Internet and network connectivity
Wireless and local area networks
Exchange server and email solutions
SIMS and/or Serco Management Information systems
Software distribution using automated tools
School based software/applications
Active Directory/Operational Units
Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
Microsoft Server 2003/2008 R2
Microsoft Office 2007/10 and Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010
Excellent analytical skills when identifying issues.
A logical approach to problem solving and coordination of the information gathered to assist the technical team where necessary.
Excellent customer service skills and the desire to provide a professional ICT service to schools.
Key words, desktop, windows, school
We are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 20000-24000 Per Annum
- Location: London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Chris
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CH/D/032882
- Posted: 2016-10-14 16:52:17 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Senior Electronics Engineer - HNC/HND in electronic engineering - Swansea
- Sales Office Administrator - Colwyn Bay, Conwy
- Office Administrator - Colwyn Bay, Conwy
- Office Administrator / Receptionist - Altrincham, Cheshire
- PRACTICE NURSE - LEEDS - WEST YORKSHIRE
- Lift Engineer / Improver - Luton + Surrounding Areas
- GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - TELECOM SERVICES - PARIS
- Caretaker / General Handy Person - Burton on Trent
- Software Developer ( Home Based ) - Stoke on Trent
- Software Developer ( Home Based ) - Stafford
- Software Developer ( Home Based ) - Nantwich
- Software Developer ( Home Based ) - Macclesfield
- Sky Access Field Manager - Wales and North West
- Lift Service Engineer - Edinburgh - Central Belt of Scotland
- Time Served Industrial Electrician ( Water Industry ) - Reading, Thames Valley and covering UK
- Project Manager ( Water Industry ) - Caerphilly
- Lift Engineer - Romford ( to cover East London and Essex )
- Business Development Manager - King?s Lynn
- Lift Engineer - Reading ( to cover the South / Southwest / South Coast and SW London )
- Lift Service Engineer - Colchester