Pump Engineer Elec/Mech 28k-30k+o/t+van Bedfordshire
My Client is a rapidly expanding Industrial Pump repair and service company based in Bedfordshire.
They currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Field Engineer to undertake repair, rebuild and maintenance of HVAC, sewage, irrigation and clean water industrial pumps plus fans, valves, motors and plant room monitoring equipment.
Experience in a similar field is essential and electrical and welding skills are desirable.
A full driving licence is required.
Main Purpose of job:
Installation/maintenance/service/repair/specification/of pumps and associated control systems including electrical installations.
A call out rota is in operation and you will be required to take your turn.
Pump Range (mainly industrial) including the following:
Vacuum, Sewage, Pressure, Self Priming, Positive displacement, Heating , Cooling, Dosing, Irrigation, Bore Hole, Condensate, Chemical, Submersible, Multistage, Centrifugal.
Duties for this role are as follows:
Installation/repair/maintenance of control panels (Single/three phase)
Wiring in motors/ floats/switches
Analysis of pump fault on site, upon investigation supervision of corrective action i.e.
repair in workshop, motor rewind (external supplier).
Removal of faulty pumps, in situ, valving off and ensuring electrics are safe.
Upon completion of workshop repair, installation of pump on site ensuring unit in full safe working order.
Maintenance/Service of pumps (duration usually every 6 months)
Checking the following:
Electrics sound i.e.
‘not down to earth'.
Mechanical seals good.
Check all associated equipment e.g.
display panel lighting.
After inspection undertaken, service report completed and issued to customer
New pump sales - installation on site ensuring units fit into existing pipework.
Set up overload on contactor and test.
Show customer how unit works, ensuring customer signs for unit when installation/ instruction undertaken satisfactorily.
Booster Sets - Repair/ service/ installation, checking pressure/valves and electrics.
Work Radius: Works may be either in the company workshops or external site locations as specified by your supervisor.
Call out Rota: Weekly 24 hour call out rota to cover emergency call outs.
Rota will be agreed between supervisor and engineering team.
Please note for new starters you will be mentored on emergency call outs ~ (normally 3 times) in order to build up experience and confidence before attending independently.
Hammond Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from Hammond Recruitment
- Fire Alarm Engineer - West Midlands
- Fire Alarm Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Fire And Security Engineer - Hampshire
- Fire Alarm Commissioning Engineer - Surrey
- CCTV and Intruder Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Fire Alarm Sales Engineer - Hertfordshire
- Fire and Security Sales Manager - London
- Legionella Risk Assessor 25k-30k + Car Berkshire
- Water Treatment Eng/Risk Assessor 25k-30k+van Midlands
- Water Treatment Engineer 24k-30k+o/t+van SE London/Kent
- Water Hygiene Engineer - Glasgow - 18-22k
- Environmental Services Team Leader 25k-28k+Vehicle Dartford
- Water Hygiene Technician 23k-27k+o/t+vehicle M25/London
- Registered Nursing Home Manager - Cantebury
- Registered Nursing Home Manager - St Leonards-on-Sea
- Nursing Home Manager - Skelmersdale
- Registered Nursing Home Manager - Brighton
- Registered Nursing Home Manager - Taunton
- Care Home Manager - Epping
- UPS Service Engineer - Midlands & North