A fantastic opportunity has become available for a EHS Specialist to join a leading Life Sciences organisation based in the Berkshire area.
As the EHS Specialist you will be responsible for providing/ professional EHS advice and support to all personnel on site, including site management on safety, health, environment and fire matters to ensure that the company meets its legal obligations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the EHS Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Provide professional advice on hazards, risks and control measures to all personnel in order to mitigate risk to an acceptable level.
Assist line management with accident/incident investigation to identify root cause and corrective actions.
Manage and co-ordinate the site emergency response (e.g.
Fire, spill, first aid), business continuity and crisis management plans.
Liaise with local emergency responders (e.g.
Fire Authority) as necessary.
Actively support, coach and mentor staff in order to improve EHS culture on the site.
Develop and deliver EHS training in line with specialism (e.g.
Manual Handling, Spill response).
Monitor EHS performance via audit and inspection, both internally and externally.
Take overall responsibility for site Fire Risk assessments.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the EHS Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
Relevant degree within an engineering, scientific or similar qualification.
As the EHS Specialist you will be qualified with a minimum NEBOSH Diploma and ideally have Fire Safety and Environmental certification.
Proven EHS industry experience in a highly regulated environment such as Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Chemical or Nuclear.
Other laboratory or process safety environments will also be considered.
A working knowledge and practical experience with of EHS management systems (e.g.
ISO14001 and OHSAS18001) is essential.
Key Words: Health | Safety | Environmental | EHS | NEBOSH | Pharmaceutical | Chemical | Biotechnology | GMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position.
HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science.
We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
- Start: 14/10/2016
- Rate: Â£0
- Location: Berkshire,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Ben Hamlin
- Tel: 02032 255 127
- Fax: 0203 225 5120
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: J3121
- Posted: 2016-10-14 18:41:22 -
- View all Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
More Jobs from Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Associate Director of Quality - GMP
- International Field Service Engineer
- Senior Analytical Scientist - Method Development
- Qualified Person
- Analytical Method Development Specialist (12 Month FTC)
- Marketing Communication Manager
- German Regulatory Advisor
- CSV Officer
- Biotechnology Project Managers
- Research Scientist - Cell Biology and Immunology
- Downstream Processing Technical Specialist
- Upstream Processing Technical Specialist
- Formulation Manager
- QC Analyst
- Technical Scientist - Genomics
- QA Pharmacist
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Account Manager - Microbiology
- UK Business Development Manager
- Senior Scientist - Genomics