Medical Equipment Delivery Driver/Oklahoma City (2nd shift)
The Customer Service Technician is responsible for delivery and equipment management tasks for a district office, including customer delivery and pick-up of medical equipment; processing, cleaning, inspecting and testing equipment; and inventory maintenance.
SHIFT: 3p-11p or 11a-7p - with rotating ON CALL SHIFTS
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- 21 years of age or older, with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or customer service preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Valid driver's license and potential for DOT certification.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the jobholders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, coachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Operates with a proactive approach towards safety, health and quality in compliance with all company, governmental, and customer policies and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused: willing to go above and beyond.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Shares information with all team members to improve ability to service customers and define opportunities for the district team.
- Completes all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate documentation for billing and required regulatory compliance.
- Stays up to date on the medical equipment in our fleet.
- Inspects, cleans and tests medical equipment for functionality, following approved written procedures.
- Safely loads, secures and delivers medical equipment to customers.
- Completes and maintains DOT certification, according to location-specific needs.
- Educates and engages customers at the time of delivery, detailing customers on the features and functionality of the equipment,
- Retrieves equipment from customer locations, safely transporting the equipment back to the UHS office.
- Ships and receives medical equipment and supplies.
- Assists with inventory management.
- Resolves customer complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Performs other assigned duties.
- Proficient in the UHS systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Serves as part of training team for other members in Division/Region.
- Demonstrates a high level of sales aptitude with customers, and identifies and brings opportunities to review as part of the territory planning process.
- Possesses strong customer interfacing skills based on relationships established with accounts.
- Serves as a lead for key accounts (e.g., accounts using patient handling and negative pressure wound therapy services).
- Serves as a peer advisor to employees.
Orients, trains and assigns and checks other employees' work, as appropriate.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for key projects in the office (e.g, quality indicator scores, inventory, accounts receivables).
- Places internal requisitions and assists with inventory management of replacement parts.
- Able to retrieve and use information to support technical services and the repair of fleet equipment to improve utilization.
- Develops other personnel in the district office (cross and lateral training).
- Considered a subject matter expert with district offices around equipment management tasks, policies and procedures.
- Works with the Trade Desk on sales and buyout opportunities.
- Able to perform district office audits.
- Able to complete manufacturer service calls (mechanical, not technical) and all necessary documentation.
- Able to in-service patient handling and negative pressure devices to clinical staff.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Biomedical Technician I - Intern
- Hospital Service Technician - Freeport, IL (P/T OnDemand)
- Hospital Service Technician - P/T Wkends - Appleton, WI
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery Driver- Madison, WI
- Hospital Service Representative, part-time, nights/weekends
- Hospital Service Tech - PT weekend (days) Seattle
- Hospital Service Technician - F/T - St Louis, MO
- Surgical Laser Technician, Bay Area
- Hospital Service Rep, 3rd shift, weekends
- Specialty Sales Executive - San Jose OR San Francisco
- Fixed Assets Accountant
- Hospital Service Technician - P/T - Rockford, IL
- Hospital Service Technician - F/T - Rockford, IL
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery - Wixom, MI (2nd shift)
- Technical Services Coordinator
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery - FT Tampa
- Hospital Operations Supervisor, Mineola NY
- Specialty Sales Executive - Surgical - Boston, MA
- Hospital Service Technician P/T Louisville, KY
- Hospital Service Technician - F/T - 2nd Shift ~ Louisville, KY