Children's Home Manager - EBD - Surrey
Children's Home Manager - Surrey
Salary: £39,500 - £42,000
Charles Hunter Associates are a specialist recruitment agency for the social care sector and sponsors of the Independent Children's Homes Association.
We supply high calibre managerial candidates to the UK's leading providers.
I am currently working with a leading charitable provider of care and education for children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We are looking for an experienced Children's Home Manager to manage a short term (12 weeks) respite unit with residential beds and education on site based in the Surrey area for children with SEBD.
The service is a year old and requires a strong manager preferably with experience opening up new services to come on board and add some strong leadership to the staff and service.
For this post you will not have to be registered with Ofsted.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- NVQ Level 5 Leadership and Management (or equivalent)
- 2 years' experience of managing a residential children's home
- Experience managing or setting up a new service
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour
- A passion for making a positive impact in young people's lives
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent track record with Ofsted regulations
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Line Manage all staff in your provision
- Oversee care delivery
- Report to the Regional Manager
- Be the leading professional for Safeguarding
- Plan and implement actions to bring ‘Outstanding' Ofsted inspections
- Provide accurate monthly and annual budget reports
- To manage service development planning, costing and preparation
- To be a company lead in respect of the recruitment, selection and retention of staff for which the post holder is responsible, ensuring recruitment follows safer recruitment guidelines.
- Promote the highest standard of professional conduct through modelling outstanding practice, ensuring confidentiality, equality and respect to all staff.
- To promote equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of all children and young people and staff
If you are currently a Registered or a Home Manager within children's homes and are looking to join a charitable organisation or would like a fresh challenge please contact Mark Beaver at Charles Hunter Associates on 0118 948 5555 or email email@example.com
More Jobs from Charles Hunter Associates
- Locum Director of Children’s Social Care – South London – compe
- Dudley Metropolitan Council is currently looking for Qualified
- Locum Senior Social Worker - CIN Team - Wandsworth - £30+
- Locum Care Manager
- Locum Social Worker
- Registered Manager
- Locum Social Worker – CAMHS Service –Birmingham The Priory Hosp
- Social Worker - Care Management Team
- Part Time Support Workers
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Support Workers - SEN School
- Approved Mental Health Professional - (AMHP) - CMHT
- Adults Assistant Team Manager - CMHT
- Registered Manager - Children's Home - Relocation Package Offer
- Locum Social Worker – Safeguarding Team – Staffordshire County
- Support Workers
- Learning Support Assistants
- ATM - MASH Team - London Borough of Merton - £35 ph
- ATM Intake & Assessment Team -London Borough of Hounslow - £24+
- Locum Social Worker