Specialty Doctor in Clinical Haematology
ID Medical is currently seeking a highly experienced and qualified Specialty Doctor in Clinical Haematology to work at this NHS trust in the East of England
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering best quality care for patients, can stay calm under pressure and is able to work effectively within busy and dynamic teams.
This position will be a permanent full time position, working Monday to Friday.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post-holder will consistently contribute high quality services that adhere to the best practice guidelines and achieve high professional standards.
They will be responsible for contributing to the overall performance of the service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved.
The post-holder will also be required to work flexibly across a number of operational sites as required and work flexibly within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision.
This will include some evening and weekend working as determined by service-user needs.
- The post holder will be directly supervised by a consultant in all clinics and will not be expected to undertake tasks that are above their level of experience, knowledge or abilities.
In times of sickness / absence a degree of flexibility will be expected from the post holder with respect to timetabled clinics.
- To assess and review patients attending for chemotherapy at the Chemotherapy Unit.
This involves the assessment of toxicity (both acute and ongoing) in those receiving chemotherapy, as well as assessment of disease status.
This will predominantly occur in the out-patient setting but will include limited involvement with patients receiving treatment on an in-patient basis
- To recognise and initiate management of newly occurring medical problems in patients receiving anti-cancer treatment
To liaise with chemotherapy specialist nurses over the organisation and delivery of chemotherapy (the chemotherapy will what?
The east of England has an excellent schooling reputation, low crime rates, a thriving sporting culture and a bustling town centre, making it a great place to live.
There is so much to do in this area that you could be out exploring every weekend.
The transport links are great, with plenty of train and bus services allowing you to travel the region and beyond - with London only a short train ride away.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
In order to see inpatient Respiratory referrals you must have full registration with the GMC or be in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Salary is dependent on location, grade and previous experience.
- Opportunities with more NHS hospitals than any other agency
- Excellent salary packages available
- Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- Excellent support to progress clinically with new interests
- Lucrative referral bonuses
- Routine employee recognition and appreciation
- A culture that is supportive, accommodating and rewarding
- In-house clinical support team
We constantly have vacancies across all departments so if you're seeking a different role, we're sure to have something that is right for you.
What's more, ID Medical's Refer & Earn scheme allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical position.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum.
Founded in 2002, ID Medical holds preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations across the UK.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Applicants will be required to register with us.
Follow our twitter page IDMedicalJobs to keep up to date with the latest jobs from ID Medical.
More Jobs from ID Medical
- SHO Doctor in Neurosurgery - City of London
- Trust Grade (CT1/2 level) - Lincolnshire
- Consultant Dermatologist - Shropshire
- ST1/ST2 Doctor in General Surgery - Cheshire
- Consultant Doctor in Diabetes and General Medicine - Shropshire
- Locum Doctor in Emergency Medicine-All Grades-London+Across UK
- Specialty Doctor in Diabetes - Shropshire
- Consultant Doctor in Ophthalmic Paediatric Surgery - Norfolk
- Consultant Doctor in Anaesthetics (ICU) - Shropshire
- Consultant Doctor in Paediatric Ophthalmology - Shropshire
- Locum SHO Doctor in Trauma & Orthopaedics - North West England
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Lancashire
- Consultant Doctor in Emergency Medicine - Cornwall
- Locum Specialty Doctor in Urology - West Midlands
- Consultant Radiologist - East of England
- Specialty Doctor in Cardiology Medicine - Shropshire
- Consultant Radiologist (Breast Radiology) - Shropshire
- Consultant Doctor in Vascular Surgery - Shropshire
- Consultant Doctor in Gastroenterology/General Med - Shropshire
- Consultant Doctor in Vascular and General Surgery - Essex