IT Support Analyst (2nd line)
- Provide 2nd Line support to employees across all sites and functions
- Act as triage service for complex issues requiring resolution by 3rd line and or escalating to the Business IT Change team
- Own requests through to completion
- Liaise with staff to understand issues and challenges and to feedback findings to IT management
- User Administration
- Mobile Phone Administration
- Act as contact point during critical issues
- Manage systems in line with internal best practice and procedures
- Develop understanding of key line of business systems (Fishtalk, Niche, TeamSpirit, Q-Pulse, Dynamics AX, etc)
- Provisioning equipment for new employees
- Working with Business IT Change team during hand-overs of projects into Support/Live environment
- Opportunity to work on projects within both Infrastructure and Application Development areas to further boost skills and experiences
- After successful induction, take 1/3 share of on-call rota (additional allowance paid)
- Infrastructure issue troubleshooting and resolution working with 3rd Line where necessary
- Windows System/Active Directory management
A Computer Science Graduate or with 2-3 years solid commercial IT support experience.
The post-holder must be willing and able to understand and deal with IT issues affecting end-users so strong trouble-shooting skills are important as are experience/exposure to the following:
- Windows 7/10 desktop
- Windows Mobile/iPhone/Android
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Active Directory
- VMware or other virtualisation technology
- Networking skills (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Configuration of PCs and Laptops
- Asset Management (Hardware/Software) - Licence Compliance management
- Microsoft Office application Suite
- SQL Server Enterprise 2014 advantageous
- Graduate or with 2-3 years solid commercial experience.
Willingness to learn and adapt are as important as experience and qualifications.
Industry experience advantageous but not essential.
Other Significant Role Requirements & Technical Knowledge:
- The post holder must be willing and able to travel to any and all sites as part of their role.
- Excellent spoken and written work and strong customer support skills are essential.
ITHR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
ITHR Group is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More Jobs from ITHR Group
- SAS Consultant
- Wireless Solution Sales Manager
- SAP IS-U Functional Analyst
- IT Solution Sales Manager
- Product Manager (BSS)
- Product Manager
- Data Analyst
- Data Analyst
- SFDC Sales Cloud and Pardot Developer
- Web Applications Developer
- Graduate Software Engineer
- Graduate Software Engineer (Test)
- Oracle Developer
- ASIC Manager – Analogue
- Optoelectronic Modules Engineering Manager
- Senior Optoelectronics Systems Engineer
- Analyst - Data Analytics
- Risk Manager
- Name Screening System Specialist
- Skype for Business Consultant