Temporary to Permanent Project Accountant
Our client, an Electronics Company based in West London, are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will be Part Qualified and actively studying towards a qualification.
This role is a temporary to permanent position and will report to and work very closely with the Project Accounting Manager.
They ideally would like the successful candidate to come from a MOD, Areospace, Defence or Engineering background.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Run project packs at month end in accordance with the Group Financial Calendar.
- Communicate directly with suppliers to increase cash flow.
- Adhere to current credit control process but have the ability to use initiative and improve existing methods.
- Assist with the reconciliation of project pack actuals to the general ledger.
- Update the ERP system with amendments
- Ensure effective closure of projects on the ERP system
- Ensure timely communication of any project overspend to key stakeholders.
- Set up new projects on ERP system, checking budgets on MS Project are in alignment with signed company documentation
- Liaise closely with the commercial team to ensure the timely raising of sales orders on the ERP system.
- Set up new suppliers on ERP system, ensuring appropriate sign off has been obtained.
- Work closely with Project Accounting Manager at Year End to assist with audit requests.
- Manage security of information as defined in Security manual.
- Proven track record working to deadlines as periodic deadlines are essential.
- Ability to accurately report on project performance at month-end.
- Experience of carrying out tasks within credit control with an ability to clearly explain and negotiate on financial matters.
- Knowledge of month-end and related processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of working within an integrated ERP system.
- Basic knowledge of MS Project.
- Intermediate Excel skills essential
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail when completing assigned tasks.
- Accountancy Qualification (ACCA/CIMA) or related degree - Part Qualified and working towards completion.
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
- Ideal back ground would be from MOD, Aerospace, Defence or engineering.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest please apply online or contact Debbie Webb or Jigna Mannell-Patel directly if previously registered with Parkside Recruitment on: 01895 202 360 / 01895 255 007 or email or jigna.mannell-
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More Jobs from Parkside Recruitment
- Junior Auditor
- Intercompany Accountant German Speaking
- Intercompany Accountant Dutch Speaking
- Assistant Accountant
- Russian Speaking Accounts Receivable / Credit Control
- German Speaking Accounts Receivable/Collections
- Accounts Receivable/Collections
- Dutch Intercompany Accountant
- EMEA Intercompany Accountant
- EMEA Fixed Asset Accountant
- Purchase Ledger
- Group PMI Administrator Assistant
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing coordinator
- HR Advisor
- Management Accountant/Bookkeeper
- Part - Time Bookkeeper