Head of Buying-FMCG leading food wholesaler!
Head of Buying-FMCG leading food wholesaler!
£60,000-£70,000 plus benefits
My client is one of the UK’s largest food wholesalers, as the Head of Buying, you will take the lead in negotiating commercial and contractual terms for purchases nationally.
You will manage the wholesale distribution strategy and will be tasked with delivering cost savings to the business whilst maintaining high levels of quality and service to maintain and grow long-standing supplier relationships.
In addition, you will develop new opportunities at a competitive price and drive growth through products for sale for key foodservice & wholesale accounts.
- Responsibility for multi million pound budgets of food and non-food purchases
- Develop buying strategy across several areas, including food, non-food and other areas of procurement
- Ensuring that inbound bulk trading complies with all legislative and internal requirements including due diligence on supply chain
- Able to reduce or control costs whilst maintaining or improving quality and standards whilst being commercially focused
- Supporting growth within central distribution by negotiating direct deals with suppliers for distribution across the ‘central distribution’ network
- Facilitating growth within the bulk customer base through strong internal engagement with trading teams to achieve budgeted sales figures
- Monitor pipeline volumes and orders to manage short term issues and keep the business appraised of current performance and operational issues alongside bulk sales
- Bring on board new suppliers and customers to enable further growth, and to manage the supplier and customer base
- Analyse buy and sell patterns to highlight potential for further growth, constructing appropriate proposals to enable this
Essential skills & experience you must have:
- Similar previous FMCG buying experience from foodservice/wholesale
- A track record of successfully establishing partnerships with suppliers and customers is mandatory
- Self-starter, quick to take the initiative and spot new opportunities
- Experience in a fast-paced and high volume business
- Ability to target and deliver significant cost savings
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with delivering results in a cost-effective manner
- Strong organisation skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships and networks with a range of people
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams
Interested in this challenge? If so, get in touch to hear more!
If you wish to find out more about this role then pop me across your CV and if you are suitable for the role – I will be in touch! email@example.com or call me on 02077902666
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website: www.corecruitment.com
COREcruitment operate one of the best referral schemes in the industry - know anyone looking for a new challenge? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contacts CV - you could earn up to £500!
Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
We give away fantastic prizes...
- Start: Immediate
- Rate: Â£60k - 70k per year + competitive package
- Location: London, Greater London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: COREcruitment
- Contact: Taj Rai
- Tel: 0207 790 2666
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: TRHOB1
- Posted: 2017-04-15 15:46:12 -
- View all Jobs from COREcruitment
More Jobs from COREcruitment
- Assistant General Manager - Exciting Cocktail Bar group - East/Central London
- General Manager - Craft beer pub with a great reputation! - Bethnal Green - London
- Assistant General Manager - New Opening - Craft beer and gourmet Pizza concept
- Group Cocktail & Training Manager! - Boutique music and Bar group - London
- General Manager - Central South London 50/60k
- Events Manager - Central London, Premium venues
- Cocktail Head Bar Tender - Vibrant Nottingham Cocktail Venue - Â£21,000
- Assistant Manager - icon music venue! - Nottingham - Â£21,000
- General Manager - Food Retail Concept - North London up to 29k
- COO- Coffee Business- London - Â£80k
- Sales Director - For leading facilities management company
- SENIOR OPERATION MANAGER - Dublin - plus bonus
- General Manager High Profile Restaurant Group
- Assistant Managers for quirky restaurant group
- Assistant Manager - London - 28K
- Assistant Manager - Eastbourne - 28K
- General Manager Independent Restaurant Group
- An Assistant General Manager High Profile "Casual" Fine Dining
- Restaurant Manager High volume site
- High volume, on trend restaurant opening General Manager