My clients are a global consultancy with a need for a Network Engineer to join them with the purpose of acting as the subject matter expert on all IT and Network related projects and tasks.
The candidate will work on the design, configuration, installation and updating of Network hardware and software and the provision of any necessary supporting documentation.
Duties: The Network Engineer is responsible for:
- The provision of IT and network technical solutions and support to the project requirements.
- Continuous improvement of network engineering capabilities, maintaining a leading edge capability.
- Leading the planning, delivery and assurance of customer and in-house work packages.
- Oversight, direction and guidance to the allocated Project team members, through the planning and delivery of installation Tasks and Projects.
- The provision of all essential Project documents and internal Work Instructions.
- The provision of network engineering technical input into bid preparation and contracts.
- The development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for network engineering activities.
- Customer liaison on all network engineering risks and issues.
- The exploitation of opportunities for further business development.
- Remaining available, on occasion, for the provision of an on-call, out of hours support service for urgent operational requirements.
Skills/Qualifications: The Network Engineer should have:
- A minimum of 3 years, relevant experience of live networking systems.
- CCNA/CWNA/CCNP network engineering with relevant sector experience.
- Solid understanding of ITIL practices.
- Network Design experience.
- Knowledge of MS Server infrastructure / Exchange / Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Knowledge of Linux / RED HAT architecture and commands.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised, demonstrate initiative, and be comfortable in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, suitable for customer facing tasks.
- SECURITY - All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
Additional restrictions may apply on certain defence programmes.
More Jobs from The Works Staffing Solutions
- Business Development Manager (Engineering and Electronics Secto
- Part-TIme IT Development Executive
- French Speaking Customer Consultant
- Customer Protection Consultant
- Sales Consultant
- Customer Relationship Executive
- Customer Experience Consultant (B2B)
- Customer Experience Consultant
- Business Development Manager
- Telemarketing Executive
- Customer Service Advisor
- Insurance Sales Advisor
- Sales Advisor
- Customer Service Advisor
- Production Operatives
- Sewing Machinist