This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in ICT project management to develop their career with a fast growing, ambitious but fun technology company!
Our client delivers next generation technology to their clients within the public sector.
They blend cloud computing technologies, expertise and commercial acumen to transform businesses.
Their aim is to disrupt the stale market, displace old competitors and bring about real change and improvement to the sectors that need it the most.
As a Project Manager you will be leading agile software implementation projects, ensuring you deliver high quality solutions to clients within timescale and budget.
You will manage the workload and tasks of the project team internally keeping a close eye on risks and taking fast and decisive action to remove blocks to progress.
You will work closely with client side stakeholders to produce project timelines, run meetings and ensure effective communication between the team and stakeholders.
You will have sound technical knowledge with a pragmatic approach to issues, and a flexible outlook.
You will have project management experience within the software sector and excellent communication and customer liaison skills.
You will be the type of person that expects new challenges and enjoys coming up with solutions to problems that might unsettle other people.
You will thrive in an environment where you have the power to make decisions and decide how to move forward as opposed to referring to instructions or process documents.
Duties and Skills
- Engage with users and product owners with user tests, show and tells and workshops to ensure a high quality user experience.
- Provide measured and concise feedback to Product Managers where clients have suggested product changes.
- Own the production of the project plan and documentation, calling in technical expertise where needed.
- You will provide regular updates on project progress and have a keen eye for risks and a flexible approach to handling them.
Guide and encourage the customer through the Agile Process.
- Ensure that the product owner is engaged and completes their responsibilities in a timely fashion.
- Evangelise the use of the market leading project tools we use to ensure the customer engages via them.
- Facilitate transparent, open and honest communication among teams and stakeholders.
- Visit customers regularly to be the “face of the project”.
- Ensure that the progress of the project is communicated and transparent, internally and to the customers and where possible come up with ideas to help the team move past problems.
- Look for new ways to improve our products or customer processes through discovery sessions and user tests.
Present this information back in a confident and clear manner.
Once a solution has been build you will plan and lead train the trainer or end user training sessions.
- Work closely with development teams, technical consultants and scrum masters, following agile practices to ensure that they are happy, productive and always have clear, concise requirements to work to.
- Project Management - Extensive experience of agile project delivery, risk management, resource and stakeholder management.
A strong track record of balancing the needs of the business, project timescales, budgets and client satisfaction in a level-headed and professional style.
- Technical Knowledge - Have sound technical knowledge of cloud technologies in order to be able to work effectively with the developers to assess feasibility and come up with proposed timelines, or identify particularly difficult tasks in advance and either descope them or allow sufficient time and effort to complete them.
- Customer Management - Extensive experience of working closely with customers at all levels of their organisation.
You will be used to helping them understand technical issues and constraints and work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Organisation - You will be highly organised and not easily phased by unexpected changes or issues.
This is a fast moving environment where you will need to be independent to benefit from the opportunities in front of you.
- Agile Methods - You will have experience of Agile project methods and how these are applied in the real world.
You will take a pragmatic approach to applying agile concepts in a way that customers (who are often used to waterfall) can quickly adapt to.
- Salesforce - Many of our products and offerings are build on the Salesforce platform.
Knowledge and experience of this would be a significant advantage.
- Architecture - Understand the principles of application architecture and have experience with data migration.
Collaborate with consultants to assist clients in bringing other areas of their business onto the cloud platform.
- Tools - Any of the following would be advantageous to have a working knowledge of: An issue management application such as JIRA, basic HTML development methodologies, Confluence.
About our Client
"As we said, we’ve been quite successful so far but don’t take our word for it.
We have won awards like the Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards 2016, which is given to companies that have displayed outstanding innovation, product, quality, service, imagination, marketing and managerial skills.
We have also won the European IT Excellence Award in 2016 for Customer Solution, which is given to companies that demonstrated how carefully they have been listening to their customers and building solutions that do make a difference.
We partner with the best in our industry, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services."
Our clients perks
- Health insurance (for you and your family)
- Medical Cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme - fund match up to 3%
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime and working from home
They have a pool table (albeit it doubles as a desk at the moment) and beer in the fridge too; but they also have:-
- Friendly and Entrepreneurial Environment: since the start our clients have created a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are looked after.
Joining our client means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than 'just another company'.
- Social events: they organise BBQs that would make Jamie Oliver jealous, near Olympic standard punting at works parties in lovely Cambridge; they also pursue the great outdoors in their legendary camping days (Bear Grylls step aside!).
If that’s not enough for you, they have exciting monthly Team Awesome events.
The name says it all!
- Sports: they run epic weekly gaming and sport events spanning from badminton, basketball and football (they are currently playing an InterFirm league), tennis and squash
- Music: if you have musical talents, they even have a club for this!
- Flexibility: Our clients care about results and personal initiative so we allow our teams a degree of flexibility (e.g.
working from home, flexible schedule)
- Growth: ample opportunities to learn, develop, thrive and grow
- Career progression: you’ll be able make your mark and shape your own career path and build
- Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits
How to Apply
Please click on the link provided and you will be redirected to our clients website to apply directly.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Drug and Alcohol Practitioner
- Drug and Alcohol Practitioner
- Telesales Executive
- Operations Manager
- Working Site Manager, Site Joiner and Decorator
- Commercial Analyst
- Commercial Support Manager
- Service Manager
- Registered Manager
- Systems Cloud Support Engineer
- Purchasing & Inventory Controller
- Field Sales Executive
- Sales & Marketing Executive
- Website Coordinator
- Purchasing & Inventory Controller
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- HGV Technician & Apprentice
- Web Designer
- Maths and Science Tutors