Surgical Laser Technician, Baton Rouge LA (/Multiple Positions)
UHS is seeking 4 Surgical Laser Technicians in Baton Rouge, LA
The Laser Repair Technician provides cost-effective maintenance on UHS and customer-owned medical equipment primarily at a UHS office to assure it is functioning properly and meets customer's needs.
The Laser Repair Technician performs operational verification, preventive and corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Physical Requirements
- Associates degree in an Applied Science (electronics or biomedical equipment technology preferred) or equivalent military training.
- Prior work experience in hospital setting or with customer service preferred
- Preferred knowledge of laser physics and safety.
- Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, preventive maintenance, and repair service on laser equipment.
- Understanding of regulatory agencies' requirements.
- Business management understanding to assist with contractual management and account margin maintenance.
- Familiar with setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, laser power/energy meter, etc.)
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and drawings.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Basic computer skills, including an understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as emergency off-hours as required.
- Willing to travel extensively on short notice to support business.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
Behavioral Skills (How the job holders must conduct themselves with other people.)
- Possesses quality orientation with a “get it right the first time” attitude.
- Complies with patient privacy laws in all matters.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing, and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Operates with a proactive approach toward safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental, and customer policies and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
- Efficiently manages workload to complete scheduled and break/fix service activity.
- Capable of troubleshooting.
Identifies and addresses customer operational concerns with equipment and escalates issues as necessary to help resolve customer concerns promptly.
Practical Skills (Tasks that the job holder must be able to do and demonstrate.)
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Works in a surgical or laboratory environment as required, observing universal precautions and communicating with doctors and nursing staff appropriately.
- Demonstrates sound and timely decision-making skills.
- Effectively schedules service activity with customers, coordinating within customer's time frames.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies, and disagreements.
- Provides cost-effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration, and repair service.
- Provides feedback to district team and manufacturers around customer interaction and observations from time spent in accounts.
- Delivers a quality service and meets productivity objectives and targets.
- Completes all paperwork and computer data entry accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate billing and regulatory compliance.
- Assists in technical training.
- Accurately accounts for, and maintains, assigned inventory.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Universal Hospital Services
- Hospital Service Technician, Louisville KY (FT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Louisville KY (FT, 2nd shift)
- Surgical Laser Technician, Mt. Holly NJ (FT)
- Biomedical Engineering Technician, Jackson MS (FT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Henrico VA (PT)
- Hospital Service Technician - P/T - 3rd shift Madison, WI
- Operations Manager (District) , Memphis TN
- Medical Equipment Delivery Drivers, Louisville (FT)
- Biomedcial Laser Repair Technician, Seattle WA
- District Operations Supervisor, Harrisburg PA (FT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Warner Robins, GA (PT)
- Medical Equipment Service & Deliver - Oakland, CA
- Senior District Operations Supervisor -Burbank
- Medical Delivery & Service Driver - FT Oakland, CA
- Hospital Service Technician, Louisville KY (PT)
- Medical Equipment Service & Delivery Driver, Denver CO (FT)
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery Driver, Wixom, MI
- Hospital Operations Supervisor, St. Louis MO (FT)
- Hospital Service Technician, Minneapolis MN (FT)
- Medical Equipment Service and Delivery Driver, Miramar FL (FT)