Business Intelligence Manager / BI Manager - Birmingham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented BI Manager who will be responsible for the management of the company’s Business Intelligence and Analytics to come and join their dynamic management team in Birmingham.
It will be your role to help Implement the company’s data strategy in regards to BI and data insight, you will have the ability to effect change through analysis and reporting.
As part of this role, you will play a pivotal part in the decision of their reporting platform as well as the growth of the BI team.
You will be required to work closely with internal customers to understand, interpret their requirements for ad-hoc reporting, providing commentary and insights.
There will also be a requirement to amend & support existing reporting.
You will contribute to the development of the long term data and BI roadmap through close working with the Head of IT and will be the expert for BI solutions within the company.
There will be a requirement to deliver BI training and support to customers across the company to ensure that they are able to use self-service BI solutions and functionality to their full potential.
You will have to be fluent in SQL, Data Warehousing and Excel with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
You will also be tenacious and resilient, being able to demonstrate good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
-Extensive experience of SQL server and Data Warehousing
-Experience of working in a leadership/management capacity
-Strong background in reporting with exposure to a variety of BI tools
-SSRS & Tableau is highly preferred
-Strong background and exposure to CRM systems
- To work with key stakeholders to define reporting needs and overall Management Information strategy.
- To co-ordinate with the Head of IT with respect to the overall reporting infrastructure.
- To maintain the integrity of data warehouses so as to ensure compatibility between differing data sources.
- To create and develop reports according to specific user and business needs.
- To ensure that our reporting framework reflect the end to end client journey and allows decision-making thereon
- To show creativity and an ability to generate ideas on how data can be reported.
- To demonstrate logic and structured thinking in the development of new reporting processes
- Develop long-term goals for production of databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- To report on a weekly basis to Head of IT on progress, issues and strategic directions.
- Ability to work at different levels in the organisation.
- To demonstrate good teamwork and to assist with new tasks which may arise in the role.
Apply today to hear more details.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £40k-£50k plus benefits
- Location: Birmingham, UK
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Linking Humans
- Contact: Farrah Wells
- Tel: 02380302715
- Fax: 02380302715
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 4A-4382-67
- Posted: 2017-11-08 23:35:02 -
- View all Jobs from Linking Humans
More Jobs from Linking Humans
- Oracle Apps DBA (Oracle Ebusiness suite DBA)
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator
- Digital Account Executive
- BI Architect, Nottingham
- Digital Account Manager, Central London
- Digital Account Manager, Southampton
- Digital Account Manager
- Email Marketing Account Manager - London
- BI Data Architect (Business Intelligence) £55k plus benefits
- Data Architect - Business Intelligence
- SQL Server Database Administrator - Nottingham
- Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line support
- IT Business Analyst – Legal / Finance domain
- Finance Reporting & Business Partner
- Microsoft SQL DBA - Nottingham
- Infrastructure Engineer - Nottingham - WAN/LAN / Microsoft environment
- Senior Informatica Powercenter ETL Team Lead role
- Python / Ruby on Rails - Back-end Developer
- Oracle Apps DBA with OBIEE & SOA
- Oracle apps DBA / Oracle applications DBA