Health and Safety Officer
ENERCON Services UK Ltd are recruiting a Health and Safety Officer
Location - Huntingdon
ENERCON is one of the market's leaders in the wind energy industry.
Represented in 36 countries, we carry out the production, construction and maintenance of wind turbines.
We are seeking a Health and Safety Officer to join our team in Huntingdon.
This position will involve working within a small team where you will be expected to travel around the UK on a regular basis with impromptu visits to our sites and client offices.
Overseas travel is also a requirement for this position, but this will be on an ad-hoc basis.
Health and Safety Officer Responsibilities -
* Carry out and complete Risk Assessments & Method Statements as and when required
* Assist Management in implementation, monitoring & review of ENERCON WTSR
* Work with Management to satisfy the needs of our customers
* Travel to UK ENERCON sites and customer premises including those in Scotland, England and Wales
* Conduct Site Inspections & Audits
* Support Management in ensuring compliance with UK legislation
* Support all departments within the company to ensure compliance with UK legislation
* Investigate & report (RIDDOR) incidents
* Advise Management in any perceived failings in any safety management systems
* Advise management on failings of employees and provide written reports when required
* Development of existing policies and procedures where necessary, in line with legislation
* Produce approved written procedures as part of a safe system of work
* Work with other international functions as required ensuring that ENERCON standards are met
We offer full training for this role, including overseas training with our parent company.
We cover all travel expenses for this role including an overnight tax free allowance.
The ideal Health and Safety Officer -
* NEBOSH Certificate required.
* Ideally 2 years' experience in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment
* Training experience would be ideal.
* Must be good with heights and physically fit as you will be expected to climb turbines.
* Excellent computer skills
* Full (clean) driving licence is required
A proactive, motivated, resourceful, team player is needed in this challenging and exciting position.
Ability to stick to deadlines and finish work to the highest standard is required.
We offer a very competitive basic salary, a private pension scheme, private healthcare, friendly and helpful colleagues and fully paid accommodation whilst travelling, what more could you wish for in your new career? If you want to become a member of the future, now is the time to apply for the role of Health and Safety Officer!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Driver / Warehouse Assistant
- Front End Developer
- Production Manager
- Internal Sales Administrator
- PHP Developer
- Shift Supervisor
- Category Buyer : Hard Services
- Category Buyer : Soft Indirect
- Procurement Data Analyst
- In House Trainer : Clinical / Healthcare
- System Test Engineer
- Diagnostics Validation Project Engineer
- Production Supervisor
- Production Operative
- Site Operative
- Lead Compliance and Systems Manager
- Vocational Qualifications Manager
- Scrum Master
- Store Manager / Retail Catering Manager
- Service Driver