Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Our client currently has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior project Manager to join their team.
Through the expansion of their business our clients have a Senior Project Manager vacancy within their Consulting and Advisory Services division.
They are seeking talented and ambitious project managers to lead a programme of work roadmap of change on a number of new large client accounts.
The work will include product implementation, overseeing bespoke development and associated change management and business change activities.
As a successful project manager with 5 years of project management experience you will be self-reliant and co-ordinate all aspects of project/programme delivery.
You will also be responsible for some account management and business development activities within the individual accounts you operate in - working closely with the Sales department to identify additional opportunities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead a number of projects or programme of work for one or more mainly local government customers, managing a team of Project Managers, Product Managers, Data Specialists and scrum development teams on a programme by programme basis to ensure products are delivered to client’s specifications on time and on budget.
- Defining the programme's governance arrangements and ensuring the delivery of new products or services from your projects are delivered with these arrangements to the appropriate level of quality, timescales and budget.
- Working with the business change manager or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position and benefits are identified and realised, helping to shape and align priorities both within the client and supplier organisations.
- Managing the projects and programme budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Managing communications with all stakeholders including regular progress and exception reporting and attending board meetings at client organisations.
- Managing the project and programme risks, issues and dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- Managing third party contributions to the programme.
- Carry out additional duties as required.
- Programme management experience: 5+ years as a project manager leading complex IT implementation projects and programmes.
- Knowledge of modern ICT technology: You should have an understanding of and interest in key concepts within modern ICT and cloud computing, this could include SaaS (e.g.
Salesforce) and IaaS (Amazon Web Services).
- Leadership: The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams.
Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- Project and programme management techniques: Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects and programmes.
good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Business case and benefits management: Sound business case development skills and benefits management techniques including the ability to strongly influence business transformation.
- Qualifications: Good knowledge of programme and project management methodologies such as MSP, PRINCE2 and Agile.
Experience delivering Agile projects with an ability to translate and deliver this into a traditional ‘waterfall’ project delivery client environment would be beneficial.
- Travel: Flexibility with the ability to travel regularly to customer sites throughout the UK.
- Experience working with/in the public sector: Public sector organisations share a number of common challenges and obligations.
As such, experience working with these organisations would be valuable.
- Procurement and working with third parties: Good understanding of the local government procurement process including negotiation with third parties and experience of contracts.
- Account management and business development: Experience leading client accounts in a consultancy environment with a track record of successful client management and growth within the account would be beneficial.
About our Client
"As we said, we’ve been quite successful so far but don’t take our word for it.
We have won awards like the Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards 2016, which is given to companies that have displayed outstanding innovation, product, quality, service, imagination, marketing and managerial skills.
We have also won the European IT Excellence Award in 2016 for Customer Solution, which is given to companies that demonstrated how carefully they have been listening to their customers and building solutions that do make a difference.
We partner with the best in our industry, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services."
Our clients perks
They have a pool table (albeit it doubles as a desk at the moment) and beer in the fridge too; but they also have:-
- Friendly and Entrepreneurial Environment: since the start our clients have created a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are looked after.
Joining our client means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than 'just another company'.
- Social events: they organise BBQs that would make Jamie Oliver jealous, near Olympic standard punting at works parties in lovely Cambridge; they also pursue the great outdoors in their legendary camping days (Bear Grylls step aside!).
If that’s not enough for you, they have exciting monthly Team Awesome events.
The name says it all!
- Sports: they run epic weekly gaming and sport events spanning from badminton, basketball and football (they are currently playing an InterFirm league), tennis and squash
- Music: if you have musical talents, they even have a club for this!
- Flexibility: Our clients care about results and personal initiative so we allow our teams a degree of flexibility (e.g.
working from home, flexible schedule)
- Growth: ample opportunities to learn, develop, thrive and grow
- Career progression: you’ll be able make your mark and shape your own career path and build
- Remuneration: Competitive salary and benefits
How to Apply
Please click on the link provided and you will be redirected to our clients website to apply directly.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- iSeries Consultant
- Service Desk Manager
- Head of Digital Solutions
- Technical Design Manager
- General Maintenance Worker
- Engagement Manager
- Engagement Manager
- Service Manager
- Recovery Worker
- Audience Engagement Manager
- Bench Hand Joiners
- Painter & Decorator
- Working Site Foreman
- Telesales Executive
- Telesales Executive
- Customer Service Advisor
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Service Director
- Assistant to the Chief Executive