Performs system administration and related functions independently and must be able to operate an entire remote site with no supervision in support of dynamic customers in austere locations and in garrison.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks while maintaining the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Interacts with end users; provides advice and training and evaluates vendor products.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Provides Advice and training to end users.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts and maintains system documentation.
- Must maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Must also be able to load cryptographic keys, perform analysis and troubleshooting on many types of hardware and software as well as provide a full spectrum of Tier I-III support in the absence of additional support personnel.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, information systems, math or engineering or a related technical discipline.
An additional four years of relevant technical experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree.
A minimum of three years of relevant technical experience in the administration of networked desktop and server systems.
Additionally, the candidate must have a current Security + certification to meet the baseline requirements for IAT level II under 8570.01M and be able to obtain computing environment (Server 2012) certification within 60 days
Candidate may be required to submit to Counterintelligence polygraph upon customer's request.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from General Dynamics
- Office 365 Exchange Administrator
- Deskside Support Supervisor
- Chief Software Engineer
- Helpdesk Manager
- Sr. Analyst, Logistics/Asset Manager - TS/SCI
- Program Analyst-TS/SCI- Alexandria, VA
- Temporary Sr. HR Business Partner (Call Center)
- TBI Research Associate
- Scientist II- Toxin Vaccine Research
- Technical Writer
- Laboratory Technician IV- Toxin Vaccine Research
- Scientist I- Toxin Vaccine Research
- Scientist II- Biomarkers
- Senior Manager Information Security
- Scientist II - Flow Cytometry
- Scientist II- Virology
- Telemetry Subject Matter Expert
- Small Molecule Subject Matter Expert
- Laboratory Technician V- Bacteriology
- Senior Systems Engineer/Architect