Business Support Accountant
Job Title: Business Support Accountant
Hours: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Salary: £28,230 - £34,160 pa plus attractive benefits
Location: Stoke on Trent
- GCSE English and Math's, minimum C Grade or equivalent - essential
- Professional accountancy qualification to the level of ACCA/CIMA - desirable
- Cost accounting experience and the ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of data
- Supporting Housing Development activity from appraisal to programme monitoring
- Capital grant monitoring and maximisation
- Management reporting, including detailed cost/price variance analysis to budget, efficiency/capacity reporting, budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Developing financial awareness of contract managers.
- Extensive knowledge of financial/asset register systems
- Ability to analyse data and develop reporting frameworks to aid management decision making
- Ability to present summary results of data and performance supported by detailed analysis
- Ability to work closely with other support functions to keep the systems up to date and the data as complete and accurate as possible
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm and willingness to get involved in developing individuals' understanding of the costs and cost drivers
- Use own initiative and to take responsibility for own actions/area of work
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Business Support Accountant to join our client's financial services team in a key role.
Supporting their ambitious growth plans, our client is a local housing organisation.
The successful candidate will be commercially focussed, with prior experience of providing high quality financial services to internal stakeholders.
It is a challenging role requiring enthusiasm, along with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of colleagues within our business.
You will be responsible for ensuring the financial performance of the business is maintained at a high level with clear links to operational performance.
You will deliver excellence in reporting and cost accounting and support bids for new business.
You will manage systems and processes that allow for effective asset management and reporting to ensure financial performance is maximised.
You will bring both accounting and financial control experience.
Ideally you will be professionally qualified and have experience of working within a similar role.
More Jobs from Brampton Recruitment Ltd
- Part-time Sales Administrator
- Customer Service Administrator
- Administration Assistant
- Telesales Representative
- Credit Controller
- Deputy Production Manager
- Sales Administrator
- Data Cleanser
- Retentions & Sales Manager
- German Sales Executive
- Spanish Speaking Sales Executive
- French Speaking Sales Executive
- Swedish Speaking Sales Executive
- Italian Speaking Sales Executive
- Semi Senior Practice Accountant
- Contracts Manager
- Service Coordinator
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Area Sales Developer
- Marketing Executive