Legal PA - Wimbledon - Part-time contract - £30k-£33k DOE
Legal PA - Wimbledon - £30k-£33k DOE (pro - rata) - Part-time - Fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Lamb Personnel are looking for an experienced legal PA to join our client, on a part-time, job share basis for a leading law firm, based in Wimbledon.
Hours of business: Monday to Friday 9.00 - 17.30.
This position is for Monday and Tuesday only.
This is a contract role to cover maternity, around 9-12 months.
Responsibilities & Main Duties:
The Employment department requires a part-time Legal PA to support a team of approximately 7 (full time equivalent) fee earners as a job share arrangement
The Legal PA's principal role is to provide lawyers with the support they need to perform the task of providing legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning and other essential non fee-earning tasks by assisting in the management and execution of their day to day workload.
The main duties of a Legal PA will include, but are not limited to:
- Checking correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations, faxes etc produced by either the PA and/or Document Production Centre before being passed to the relevant Lawyer and undertaking basic/minor amendments if/where appropriate;
- Typing of urgent correspondence;
- Producing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets as required;
- Drafting general and basic correspondence;
In conjunction with relevant business support departments, as appropriate:
- Using an effective system such as a to do list/reminders to ensure task completion
- Managing diaries, ensuring they are up to date and reminding lawyers of meetings etc on a daily basis;
- Arranging meetings, booking conference rooms, refreshments, checking rooms prior to meetings etc and liaising with other attendees, both internal and external;
- Organising travel arrangements, booking and confirmation of reservations and dealing with related invoices;
- Photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc;
- Opening and closing of general files, general filing, record keeping and archiving Liaising with floor support units over filing, scanning, copying etc.
- Taking internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner ;
- Monitoring post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensuring that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee-earner if the relevant person is out of the office;
- Liaising with business support departments on behalf of lawyers as required;
- Liaising with the department's absence recorder over any planned absences, arranging cover with HR as necessary and communicating this to the relevant fee earners.
Client relationship management
- Be part of client care team and be familiar with the full range of the lawyer's contacts/clients
- Entering, maintaining and updating client details and relevant information of the firm's CRM system;
- Deal with basic queries and general administration
- Arrange all client meetings, including client care meetings;
- Assisting lawyers in ensuring their time is recorded properly and entered onto Elite on a daily basis;
- Assisting lawyers in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the lawyer and Accounts department, to include the production of standard financial/time reports through Elite;
- Requesting cheques, bank transfers and paying in money received, as appropriate; and
Other duties and responsibilities
In addition to providing support to the fee-earner(s) to whom they report, a Legal PA should also provide assistance to their immediate colleagues.
Team duties will therefore include:
- Regularly checking the digital dictation system where required and assisting wherever possible with any backlog;
- Assisting others in the department (or DPC team) whenever there is spare capacity or it is evident that a colleague needs assistance with their workload
- Picking up telephone calls for other members of the department when they are away from their desk;
- Participating in a lunch time telephone rota within the Legal PA team;
- Working effectively with other legal departments and support departments as required
- Accurate typing speed of at least 70 words per minute
- Advanced knowledge of CRM, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Files, Elite, Winscribe and the Internet
- Excellent telephone manner and, after training, competent knowledge of telephone system
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to work to tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- An ability to build a good knowledge of the organisation, its departments, key personnel, clients, procedures and business practices
We do try to get back to as many of our candidates as we can, however if you have not heard anything within 2 weeks, then please assume you have been unsuccessful.
More Jobs from Lamb Personnel ltd
- Business Development Executive - Twickenham - 18,000 - 22,000 + 4,000 OTE
- Contracts Manager -Twickenham - 60k + 5k car allowance
- HR and Operations - Twickenham - 28k-35k
- Administrative Assistant - Richmond - 21k
- Lettings Administrator - 21k - 22k : Hampton
- Lettings Negotiator - 20k-36k - Twickenham
- Sales Assistant - Richmond - 18k
- Warehouse Operative : Twickenham - 18k-21k
- Central Trainee - Richmond - 19k-21k
- Service Support Administrator : Heston - 20,000 - 25,000 + bonus
- Assistant Property Manager : Richmond - 20k-22k
- PA - Harrow & Wealdstone - 30k-33k
- Business Development Manager - Surrey - 30-35k + 5-10k bonus
- Office Manager / Administrator : Twickenham - 20k-25k
- Office Manager / Administrator : Twickenham - 20k-30k
- Property Manager : Richmond Borough : 30k + Bonus
- LP337 - Lettings Administrator - Richmond
- Property Manager : Richmond Borough : Starting salary - 30k DOE
- Lettings Agent
- Project Manager/Intranet - Central London - 200-250 per day