Materials Planner - Automotive Components
Materials Planner – Automotive Components Manufacturing
6 Month Contract
Materials Planner based within the West Midlands are needed for an international leader within automotive, independent aftermarket and industrial component manufacturing.
Midlands Based Commutable from - Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stafford, Telford, Tamworth, Walsall, West Bromwich, Burton on Trent
Highly Competitive Rates
The Materials Planner ensure that Production meet customer demands, moulding machines are used to their maximum efficiency, stocks are kept accurate, keeping stocks at a satisfactory level, making sure materials flow through factory efficiently, helping in the continuous improvement of all materials.
- Previous relevant work experience within the automotive
- Good computer skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- MRP experience (3 years)
- Production planning experience of an automotive first-tier supplier
- Experience of plastic injection moulding manufacturing
- Able to work as part of a team
- Persuasive but firm
- Must display high skill level and be pro-active in solving problems
- Concern for accuracy and quality
- Planning production on a daily basis, creating new orders
- Using MRP to keep production orders in order (rescheduling/cancel)
- Attending production meetings/ RPS/Top 5 - Informing supervision of any information that is relevant for that day’s production
- Updating production board and schedules on a daily basis
- Issuing orders to shop-floor, highlighting any shortages
- Creating moulding schedule for technicians, highlighting tool changes/insert changes and any other relevant information liaising with tool room regarding tooling issues
- Making sure that customer demands are met via MPS scheduling and Production Plan’s
- Handling logistics-related 8D reports
- Help implement new ideas into department.
- Help with computerized SAP system Key User.
- Making manual call off sheets for Sub-contractors / Suppliers.
- Expediting all materials into company & making sure delivery performance is of a high standard
- Liaising with Materials controller in Goods in regarding delivery’s & the continuous improvement of all materials coming into the factory.
- Help Materials supervisor on any issues that arise in materials department regarding stock accuracy & the smooth running of the Materials department.
- Collate excel sheets regarding Capacity on either Moulding Machines or Assembly cells.
- Involved in keeping Inventory to the required targets set by group.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the role of Materials Planner please forward your CV to Gary Horwood, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Gary directly for a further chat on the job.
Gary is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2610 GH
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions.
We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search.
Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
More Jobs from Glen Callum Associates Ltd
- Field Sales Executive
- Field Sales Executive
- Electronics Engineer - UK and Ireland
- Category/Marketing Manager- Automotive Aftermarket
- Inside Sales Manager
- Product Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
- Audio Applications Engineer
- Area Sales - Automotive Aftermarket Supplier
- Area Sales Manager - Automotive Aftermarket
- International Sales Manager
- National Account Sales Manager - France
- Area Sales Manager - Commercial Vehicle Products
- Web Developer - ASP.Net / VB.Net / MS SQL
- Export Sales Manager - German Speaking
- Database Developer - MS SQL
- Field Engineering Manager Fluid Power / Hydraulics
- Senior Parts Advisor - Commercial Vehicle
- Cost Engineer - Automotive Engineering
- Parts & Accessories Programme Manager
- Regional Sales Manager- South