Core-Asset Consulting's client, a global investment management firm, are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team in Edinburgh for a fixed term contract of 9 months.
- Fully qualified accountant (ICAS / ACCA / ACA) with some post qualified experience ideally within industry
- Experience within financial services would be a distinct advantage
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger is required
- Knowledge of IFRS, new UK GAAP and industry standards is essential and knowledge of US GAAP would also be advantageous
- Knowledge of and exposure to foreign currency accounting issues and currency translations
- Good understanding of financial processes, practices and applications
- Undertake regular processing required for entity accounting records and assist in the resolution of European accounting issues.
- Undertake the monthly close of European corporate entities.
- Prepare and review monthly management reports.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis.
- Prepare/review statutory and regulatory returns (including VAT).
- Work with auditors, other third parties and other business units to meet requirements.
- Monitor and forecast capital adequacy requirements.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and other legal requirements.
- Identify and implement efficiency improvements regarding processing and controls.
- Provide financial expertise resource to support business projects.
- Assist in the development, coaching and supervision of corporate accounting staff.
- Provide ad-hoc reports to department and business management as required.
- Develop and maintain a customer service focus.
- Identify issues for management attention and recommend and implement effective solutions.
Job reference: 9663
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
- VP CHANGE MANAGER
- APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- PROJECT ANALYST
- CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- SERVICE DESK ANALYST
- SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- TEST ANALYST
- PMO ANALYST
- TEST ANALYST - MARKIT EDM
- ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER
- REGULATORY BUSINESS ANALYST
- THIRD PARTY SUPPLIER MANAGER
- MARKIT EDM DEVELOPER
- LEGAL ENTITY ANALYST
- NETWORK ARCHITECT - PERMANENT
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
- TRANSFER PRICING ASSOCIATE
- PAYROLL ANALYST
- SENIOR PARAPLANNER