We are seeking a number of Trainers/assessors various engineering backgrounds including; mechanical, electrical, Instrumentation and machining to support apprenticeship and Adult learners for our client in Cumbria.
The role of the Trainer/Assessor is to deliver, assess and where necessary offer support to learners engaged in Mechanical engineering courses up to level 3, in accordance with the awarding body guidelines.
The role will also include the progressive development of the engineering curriculum and the material associated with its delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The delivery and assessment of Mechanical engineering courses up to level 3 - particularly in the field of machining and mechanical maintenance.
The development of engineering course delivery material and ensuring compliance with awarding body standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
To deliver and assess engineering courses from level 3 to level 5
To develop and maintain the current Mechanical engineering course material including lesson plans and schemes of work for a range of courses.
Assist in assessing, changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
To review course content and delivery methods on a regular basis.
Assume responsibility for meeting his/her course and learner performance goals.
To ensure all relevant evidence of learning is accurately and correctly documented and completed for each learner.
Provide feedback and support to learners on a one to one/ group basis.
To assist in the overall development of the training centre.
To assist in the delivery of course material outside of the subject of Mechanical engineering.
To prepare and assist in internal and external audits.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Training Manager.
Have a minimum of three years experience in industry.
Hold a level three qualification in Engineering
Have a sound knowledge of engineering principles
Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
Communicates effectively, both orally, and in writing, with learners, employers and other professionals
Car driver with access to a vehicle.
Additional Requirements (Desirable)
Hold an assessor qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
Hold a recognised teaching qualification or be willing to work towards attaining
Has experience of delivering and developing Engineering courses
An understanding of the Advanced Apprenticeship Framework and the funding process
Knowledge of alternative teaching/learning options
An intermediate level of understanding of MS office applications
Has experience of Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design
Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
Ability to work on own initiative
Patient and shows control in challenging situations
Can take ownership for problems and assignment to resolution
Shows leadership when appropriate, but is also a good team player
Clear thinking and a simple communicator
If interested, contact Paul Smith on 020 7940 4590 or email Learning@nonstop-technical.com
More Jobs from NonStop Recruitment
- Junior consultant, Executive search
- First Step in your Career/Recruitment - Relocate to Prague
- Sales Specialist - Dental Implants and CAD/CAM - Freiburg
- Recruiter - Karriere für motivierte Köpfe - Move to Prague
- Healthcare Recruiter - Full Training Provided - Move to Prague
- MASH Social Worker - Supportive Management Team
- Free Accommodation - R&A Team QSW Needed
- German Recruitment Consultant Progress to Manager
- Outside IR35 - CP Social Worker Needed - Phone IV
- Project Leader – Inkjet Inks - International Company
- Disabilities Team Social Worker £36ph Outside IR35
- Enjoy living in Cambridge, RA Senior Manager
- Technical Sales Manager – Specialist Inks
- Back end developer – Libertà di progetti
- Assistant Team Manager - Referral and Assessment - Quick Start
- Ingegnere Biomedico per Software House attiva nel medicale!
- Cobol – Importante realtà nazionale
- Social Worker – Locality Team - Quick Start
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist–Strategy– Belgium
- Entry Level Product Specialist - Niche Products!