The role involves the full process of booking, ticketing, re-issuing, invoicing and reconciliation of air and rail itineraries around the globe, for specific events and meetings.
This would involve both group and individual traffic and working within budgetary constraints.
Account Managers are responsible for managing the travel logistics for the whole event from beginning to end and they will liaise with our clients and also directly with individual delegates by email and by telephone.
They will be required to follow crisis management procedure as required and assist affected travellers accordingly.
At the end of each event, the Account Manager is responsible for reconciling the costs and creating an Excel spreadsheet detailing the costs (travel revenue report).
Account Managers are required to be able to communicate well at all levels, demonstrate good organisational skills and be able to concentrate and work accurately under pressure.
Knowledge and Skill Set:
, Excellent organisation and presentation skills & basic knowledge of Excel
, Thorough working knowledge of GDS in a corporate travel environment, including ticketing, re-issues and refunds
, Basic level accountancy and numeracy skills
, Excellent customer liaison techniques
, Highly effective oral and written communication skills at all levels
, Ability to work on own initiative but as part of a team and to think and act coherently and effectively when under pressure
, Good travel background with excellent travel destination knowledge and experience of the air supplier network
Computer systems utilised:
, Travcom (in-house accounting system)
, Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel
, GDS (Sabre) for air and rail (SNCF & DB apps)
, Fedex shipment software
More Jobs from Travel Trade Recruitment
- Travel Sales Specialst - West Surrey
- SEO Executive
- European Product & Purchasing Manager
- Tailor-Made Travel Advisor - Hampshire and Surrey Border
- Travel Operations Supervisor North-West Surrey
- Travel Assistant Manager
- Long-haul Travel Consultant - Winchester
- Senior Commercial Executive - OTA
- Travel Reservations Consultant, Newcastle
- Leisure Travel Sales Consultant - Guildford
- Bespoke Travel Consultant
- Travel Consultant
- Ski Sales Account Manager
- Luxury Travel Consultant - LA and NYC based
- Travel Operations Supervisor - Surrey
- Senior Travel Destination Specialist - Hove
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Caribbean & Indian Ocean Travel Specialist
- Travel Sales Consultant
- Africa Travel Sales Consultant