Conference & Events Porter
Conference and Events Porter
Please note that this an operational role and not an events co-ordinator role
Crowne Plaza Solihull, Homer Road,Solihull, West Midlands.
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 19 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
The Conference and Events Porter role involves a range of duties, including: ensuring conference and events rooms are set up to a high standard according to guest requirements before they arrive, servicing the rooms during their event and being ready to help to make sure the event runs smoothly on the day.
You'll also serve food and drinks as and when required.
From syndicate rooms to conferences, exhibitions private banqueting/dinners and weddings you will ensure all of our guests receive efficient, professional and friendly service at all times.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do.
Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Conference and Events Assistant role include:
* Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
* Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with customers.
* Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
* Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
* Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
* Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
* Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
* Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in customer service preferably in a hospitality related role, be able to work flexible hours on a shift basis on any day of the week.
An aptitude for attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative while maintaining a cheerful disposition is required.
In return we offer offers a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
* Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
* Please visit http://www.valorhospitalityeuropejobs.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Conference and Events Assistant position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
More Jobs from Valor Hospitality Europe Ltd
- Assistant Financial Controller
- Chef de Partie
- Commis Chef
- Food and Beverage Assistant
- Head Chef at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill
- Conference and Events Porter
- Room Attendant
- Bar Tender - Casual Hours
- Conference & Events Porter
- Breakfast Waiter/ress
- Bar Person
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Chef de Partie
- Commis Chef
- Reservations and Events Agent
- Sous Chef
- Assistant Breakfast Chef
- Assistant Restaurant Manager
- Room Attendant's (Full & Part Time Hours Available)