Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Our client is a leading independent service provider to UK manufacturing companies.
Our client is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join a busy purchasing team.
The role of the purchasing assistant will be responsible for the purchasing of a wide range of industrial products and services.
Full training will be given to the new purchasing assistant who may be new to purchasing, that have a strong back ground in customer services and/or administration.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take a step into a buying role or someone looking for a new challenge.
The role of purchasing assistant will involve:
- Sourcing of industrial products, some of which will be hard to find
- Placement of purchase orders
- Arranging supplier quotations
- Expediting purchase orders
- Negotiation of pricing and account terms
- Processing customer requirements
- Keeping costs of delivery low
- Supporting the needs of the business and the department
- Liaising with accounts
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service
- Highly organised
- Excellent administration skills
- Able to work in a high volume, demanding and challenging role
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Salary: £14,000 - £16,000 pa
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
More Jobs from Brampton Recruitment Ltd
- Complaints Officer
- HR Administrator
- Commercial Finance Analyst
- Part-time Sales Administrator
- Customer Service Administrator
- Administration Assistant
- Telesales Representative
- Credit Controller
- Deputy Production Manager
- Sales Administrator
- Data Cleanser
- Retentions & Sales Manager
- German Sales Executive
- Spanish Speaking Sales Executive
- French Speaking Sales Executive
- Swedish Speaking Sales Executive
- Italian Speaking Sales Executive
- Semi Senior Practice Accountant
- Contracts Manager
- Service Coordinator