Our client is a long established manufacturing company based in Bodelwyddan.
Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer.
An opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The position requires a highly motivated person, able to project manage, analyse and lead continuous improvement, in a high volume, high quality modern food production facility.
Responsibilities on a daily basis:
- Analyse and improve current production equipment, processes and machinery
- Lead lean and Kaizen events involving both production and management personnel
- Identify and implement process changes
- Carry out in house audits, highlighting any deficiencies
- Work closely with S.Q.As and in house quality department
- Implement improvements in health, safety and food hygiene, in line with best practice, 5S, etc
- Record KPI's and OEE's analyse production data to target areas requiring attention
- Create factory layouts and process flows using recognised drawing packages
- Manage and write work instructions, S.O.Ps operator training plans and competencies
- Justify capital investment, identify, procure and implement new machinery
- Process problem solving and identification, using a systematic approach, 8D, 5Y, FMEA, etc
To be considered for the role of Production Engineer, you must have:
- Have an engineering background, with minimum qualifications of ONC/HNC or equivalent.
- Have a Full UK driving licence and own transport (Due to the location of the client).
- A proven track record in a manufacturing or process environment, ideally within the food industry
What the client offers:
- Permanent, full time contract.
- Competitive salary of £27,000 - £30,000.
- On-going support and training.
Mon - Fri
You must be fully flexible to work on a weekend and out of hours when required.
Additional Keywords: Production Engineer, Process, Manufacturing, Engineer, Factory, Kaizen, 5S, Production.
To apply for the role of Production Engineer, please apply via the button or link shown.
If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Baxter Personnel, Barnsley Branch, Digital Media Centre, County Way, Barnsley, S70 2JW.
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Baxter Personnel ltd
- Warehouse Operative (Steel Industry)
- Assembly Operative
- Part Time Warehouse Administrator
- Office Junior (Temporary to Permanent)
- HGV Class 2 ADR Driver
- Metal Dresser
- Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Warehouse Administrator
- Store Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- MIG Welder
- Industrial Cleaner/Labourer
- Recruitment Resourcer
- Commercial/Industrial Electrician
- ICT E-Forms Administrator
- Shift Manager - Food Manufacturing
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Production Operative