Senior Production Manager - Offering Progression
Position: Production Manager
Location: Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex
Salary: Circa £45'000 per annum + Pension + Additional Benefits + Extensive training and personal development with potential to progress through to factory management, re-location package potentially also available for the right individual.
Hours of work: DAYS - Monday to Friday, circa 6am to 4.30pm with flex potentially offered
Our client is an international leading manufacturing business, offering opportunities for further training and personal development.
With a network of factories and manufacturing plants across the UK we are now seeking an experienced production manager to be based at one of their manufacturing plants in the Bexhill area.
It is essential that applicants are commited to a programme of personal and career development within the business.
Applicants will be invited from a variety of backgrounds but must have experience of managing production within continuous process manufacturing environments, such as FMCG, Food, Plastic, Steel, Aggregates, Engineering, Building Products, etc.
The successful applicant will lead a multi-functional production team of circa 20/25 reports, to achieve key targets within the factory environment, thereby delivering Cost, Quality and Efficiency benefits to the Business.
The right candidate will require the ability to lead, inspire and develop manufacturing operations through man management skills, whilst ensuring no compromise to quality and health safety procedures.
The role will be reporting to the factory manager providing excellent opportunities for personal and career development through an in-depth and recognised training and development program supported with significant and sustained investment.
Key responsibilities will lie in the following functional areas:
The development and promotion through effective communication of Company, Factory and team plans and their focussed implementation to achieve defined objectives.
People Management, motivation and development of the team through performance review to ensure delivery of objectives.
Technical expertise to facilitate the rigorous application of lean manufacturing techniques to generate Continuous Improvement across all areas of Manufacturing Capability.
Implementation of and adherence to all Company and Factory control procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
The collection, assimilation and analysis of production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
The development of systems and standards to deliver world-class standards of housekeeping using the 5S principles.
Effective interdepartmental liaison to achieve defined objectives, at times taking responsibility for the engineering and maintenance support teams.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A high degree of self-motivation and want to progress within an organisation.
- The ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels of the business.
- The ability to understand, accept and achieve targets and deadlines.
- Demonstrable organisational skills including efficient planning and implementation of systems and procedures.
- Leadership and man management skills and the ability to build, motivate, develop and improve the team.
- Demonstrable ability to implement structured problem solving techniques, provide solutions and delegate responsibility when required.
- High degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications
- Significant experience of managing in a large manufacturing/production environment
- A strong appreciation of the importance of safe working practices and health and safety within a manufacturing environments
- Be able to work collaboratively across departments and with other senior managers
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel and the ability to analyse data to inform decision making
- Experience in continuous operation production process
- A recognised qualification - Desirable
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include as a minimum:
ILM Programme (Management and Leadership).
Health & Safety Management Training
IEMA - Environmental Management
NVQ in Business Improvement
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Engineer
- Plater / Welder
- Production Manager
- Stores Person / Labourer
- Electrical Engineer
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Cnc Miller
- FABRICATOR WELDER x 4
- Mechanical Maintenance - Double Days
- Production Operative - Heavy Sector
- Pipefitter / Welder
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Welder / Fabricator x2 NIGHTS
- Mechanical Team Leader/Supervisor
- Maintenance Fitter
- Fabricator Welder - MIG AND TIG
- Grantite Cutter