Senior Contracts Manager
Senior Contracts Manager
London - Excellent Package Available. - Oradeo
- One Ireland's top 5 main contractors
- Excellent package with scope for further career progression
- Large, interesting and prestigious projects across various sectors including commercial, mixed-use, hotels, healthcare, industrial, pharmaceutical, data centre etc.
Senior Contracts Manager required to Join one of Ireland's top 5 Main contractors to be based in Dublin with responsibility for projects across the area.
Genuine top-tier building contractor with numerous, large, complex construction projects across the region, you will leverage your experience across a great variety of large high value projects.
Leverage your existing experience within a role that offers excellent autonomy and clear path to more senior management roles within an established firm.
Ideal role for ambitious, career orientated individual seeking senior management position away from Dublin market.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion
- Preparing and complete commercial monitor reconciliation on a monthly basis to highlight areas of overspend or savings thus appropriate action can be take
- Ensuring in receipt of and fully aware of all information at Estimating/Surveying handover
- The Development of Project Commercial Plans and ensuring buy in from the project team and management
- Provision of advice and feedback as projects progress, to senior management
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Understand and implement the requirements of the company Commercial Management Procedure
- The Senior Contracts Manager will ensure effective procurement and supply chain management
- Be very commercially aware, ensuring that an efficient and effective change control system is in place
- Development of recovery strategies where necessary
- Implementation of effective means of controlling contractual documentation on the project ensuring that the team prepare and maintain programmes and related records
- Management of all commercial/contractual related aspects
- Actively participate in site project meeting and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
- The Senior Contracts Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with senior management.
They must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
- Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
- Manage day to day operational duties
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering or Construction Management
- Suitable candidate should have 10+ years’ experience with recognized main contractors on projects valued at €30+ million
- Have a proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion
- Strong customers focus skills, with the ability to build relationships and networks with
- strategic stakeholders
- Have a sound knowledge of current construction techniques, build ability and value
- engineering concepts
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate financial, commercial and business development acumen
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Previous people management experience required
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
For more information about this role or others, contact Kevin Nolan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector.
We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry