Senior Estimator - Infrastructure
Senior Estimator : 48568 : East Croydon or East Grinstead - £55-65k
About the role
Capita Real Estate Infrastructure are currently recruiting for an Senior Estimator to join our infrastructure team working on a large scale project.
This role will be based in either our East Croydon or East Grinstead offices, alongside a wider civil infrastructure team.
The Infrastructure team has a good reputation as specialist consultants in the disciplines of Commercial and Project Management.
They are part of Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure which in turn is part of Capita plc the UKs leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions.
The team has a record of delivering innovative solutions for leading edge projects within the UK and to a certain extent internationally.
As Senior Estimator, you will undertake cost planning, quantification as appropriate and develop pre-contract estimates.
You will also support post-contract analysis to inform the Business Plan, assist programme teams and support benchmarking.
You will be joining a high performing infrastructure team and have the opportunity to work on projects across the UK.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors.
We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services.
The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
* Produce accurate and comprehensive estimates for large or complex projects or programmes in a timely and efficient manner.
* Produce / manage complex / large estimates with limited management or supervision
* Control and manage the estimating process at project level.
* Develop and promote estimating good practice within Capita.
* All estimates produce in accordance with relevant procedures and work instructions and other company procedures, systems (eg Cost Os and RIB Construction Suite) and processes
* Apply and use of recognised, appropriate method of measurement rules in the preparation of all estimates.
* Support the procurement team with tender and/or contract price analysis and reference to baseline and revised estimates.
* Support the commercial team with unit cost modelling, costs analysis feedback for final account and/or significant contract scope proposed change analysis and preparation of project close out analysis
* Proficient in use of unit cost modelling tool and provide improvement initiatives.
* Stay abreast of developments within own technical area of expertise to be able to give best practice advice in line with business objectives
* Support collation of data for KPIs as defined and required in a timely, accurate manner.
Your experience will include:
* Qualified to high standard in Estimating or Quantity Surveying.
* Wide and varied experience of large and complex construction projects.
* Relevant successful experience of provision of estimating and/or QS services in a large project environment.
* Understanding of project management, planning, risk and investment processes.
* Senior Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
* Experienced user of appropriate IT systems and tools (Cost Os &RIB Construction Suite or equivalent)
* Demonstrable relevant experience
* Educated to degree standard in related subject
* Membership of a relevant professional institute, chartered status
* Significant experience of working within a generalist commercial environment
* Awareness of industry issues
Whats in it for you?
At Capita, training and development arent optional extras theyre how we do our job.
We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you generous holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap.
Please don't apply if you don't have the experience!
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: 55000-65000 Per Annum
- Location: East Grinstead/East Croydon, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Aerospace
- Recruiter: Number 8 Construction Services Ltd
- Contact: Ali Kidman
- Tel: 07970 926084
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 48568egP
- Posted: 2017-08-23 15:08:44 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Construction Services Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Construction Services Ltd
- Radiological Protection Engineer B/Health Physicist - HP A
- Project Manager - Govt/Local Govt - Property
- Quantity Surveyor - Govt/Local Govt - Property
- Building Surveyor - Govt/Local Govt - Property
- Chartered Surveyor - Govt/Local Govt - Property
- Feasibility & Options Appraisal Manager - Govt/Local Govt - Property
- Master Planner - Govt/Local Govt - Property
- Project Engineer - Civil
- In Service Engineer - MoD - GSE
- Commercial Officer - MoD - DE&S
- Senior Design Engineer - Traffic/Highways
- Senior Development Control Engineer - Traffic/Highways
- Development Control Engineer - Traffic/Highways
- Assistant Development Control Engineer - Traffic/Highways
- Communications & Socio Economic Lead - Nuclear sector
- Engineering/Production Buyer - Nuclear
- System Engineer (Senior) - EC&I - Wylfra
- 360 Excavator Driver
- Project/Delivery Manager - MoD - Skynet
- Geotechnical Engineer - Cardiff