3rd Line Engineer- Brentford- £40-45k
3rd Line Support- West London- £40-45k
Have you reached a dead end in your current job? My client is looking for a skilled 3rd line engineer who is a natural with implementing and supporting to a high level the full range of SMB infrastructure hardware, software and cloud services in an MSP environment.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced engineer with a track record of being able to resolve complex problems through having a broad understanding and skill across the whole network from server OS to networking hardware, firewalls and 3rd party software, has delivered deployment & migration projects within a time budget, who enjoys working in a client-facing role, and would relish the opportunity to grow with us in developing documentation, products and new systems to drive the company forwards.
As a 3rd line engineer, your focus will be on supporting and maintain their client's IT infrastructure.
Additionally, you will be responsible for providing efficient customer support for servers, desktops, routers, firewalls, applications and client networks.
Nature of role:
·3rd line support (including point of escalation for our helpdesk)
·Carry out & manage infrastructure & migration projects for clients
·Develop, document and roll out new products and processes
·Planning, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of systems infrastructure including Servers, associated management systems and other core infrastructure components.
·Primarily based at our Brentford office, but with regular project work at client sites across London
Skill set required:
·At least 3 years IT support experience with an MSP.
·Core technology experience:
oWindows Server 2008-2016 (preferably MCSA/MSCE certified).
oOffice 365, Exchange 2007-2016, including hybrid & Azure AD Connect.
oNetworking: Firewalls (eg Sonicwall, Meraki, Cisco), Switches (eg HP, Cisco)
oBackup/DR software & agent-based monitoring software: use, configuration, and ideally higher-level policy creation/management as well.
oStorage: DAS/SAN (Dell, HP), NAS (Synology + others)
·Has fixed broken servers, with client and Microsoft/3rd party vendors where required:
oEither an individual “server won't boot” hardware/operating system issue
oTroubleshoot interoperation/connectivity problems between multiple servers taking the view of the network as a whole
oRecovered a whole server from backup
·Configure and troubleshoot complex networking scenarios involving routing across multiple sites, VPNs, WAN connections/firewalls, VLANs
·Can figure out a complex product or system, document it into processes such that 1st/2nd line can follow successfully, train other engineers to do it and monitor their output to ensure it stays done the right way.
·Attention to detail.
·Fluent in spoken and written English - required for telephone helpdesk calls and customer correspondence.
·Car and full UK license - all travel costs to and from clients will be reimbursed.
About The Company
They are an award-winning, ISO-certified IT Support company based in London, with a Microsoft Gold Partnership.
They mainly deal with businesses from 5-1000 users.
This means they are able to form a close relationship with their customers - helping them to build a sustainable, healthy IT system.
Their head office is in Brentford, meaning they can support clients in areas within Central London with ease.
They also provide support for businesses throughout the whole of West London and surrounding areas
This fantastic opportunity is paying up to £45k with performance-related salary increases (biannual within first 2 years, annual thereafter) and annual bonus.
Quarterly performance review.
·Mobile phone and laptop.
·MCSE training plan - study material, study leave and exam costs provided.
Salary increase of £300pa for every exam passed towards MCSE.
·Regular opportunities for overtime.
·Long service increases in holiday allocation - 1 day extra for every 2 years.
·Other: Cycle to work scheme, Christmas & Summer Events + other social outings through the year.
How to Apply
Great opportunities like this don't last long.
Submit your CV now, or give Sophie a call on 02030 966763 to discuss whether this role is right for you.
More Jobs from Just IT Recruitment
- Senior DevOps Engineer –Financial Sector-Central London – £80k+
- PHP Developer (London, Upminster) £40,000
- Recruitment Consultant - Tower Hill - up to £28k + OTE
- Service Desk Analyst – 6 Month Fixed Term Contract - £35k-£45k
- Service Desk Analyst - Central London - £25,000-£30,000 p/a
- Graduate Quant Analyst Developer - London - Up to £50k
- IT Security Analyst - Central London - £55,000-£60,000 p/a
- Junior Frontend Developer - Central London – Up to £35000
- Chief Enterprise Architect - Home Based – Education - £100,000
- Mid fullstack .Net Developer - Central London – £55000
- Greenfield Lead .Net Developer - London - £75,000
- avaScript Developer with PHP – London – £40,000
- PHP Developer - (London, Hammersmith) - up to £35,000
- 1st 2nd Line Support- London, Victoria - £22-25k
- Service Desk Analyst– 6 Month Fixed Term Contract - £40k - £45k
- Leadership and Management Coach - London - up to £45,000
- Information Security Engineer-Central London-£55,000-£60,000p/a
- Printer Engineer – Tower Hamlets - £150 to £200 per day
- Frontend Developer – Creative Agency (London, Teddington) £45K
- Java Developer – Creative Agency (London, Teddington) £40,000