Deputy Head of Meetings & Events
Do you have proven experience working within a Meetings & Events / Conference & Banqueting / Hospitality Management role? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, Imperial London Hotel are recruiting and we want to hear from you!
At Imperial London Hotel, we understand that our staff are key to our success and we are dedicated to supporting each and every person in their role.
As a business, we will endeavour to provide you with opportunities to develop yourself and pursue a rewarding and exciting career with us.
Due to continued success and growth, we are is now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Deputy Head of Meetings & Events to join our team.
This is a full time role working 5 out 7 days, 37.5hrs per week offering a competitive salary of £22,308 per annum.
Who are we looking for?
As our ideal Deputy Head of Meetings & Events, you will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of sales and revenue and proven experience within a similar role.
You will also require experience / knowledge of:
* Proven management experience
* Working in a fast paced environment
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Deputy Head of Meetings & Events, you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
* Free meals on duty
* Staff discounts
* Training and Development opportunities
* Employee Assistance Programme
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Deputy Head of Meetings & Events, you will be responsible for assisting with the running of the Meetings & Events Management.
On a daily basis, this will involve:
* Assist and deputies in absence of Head of Meetings & Events Management
* Ensure the hotels M&E facilities and services are accurately merchandised and marketed in line with company brand standards.
* Network and communicate with existing clients and develop new contacts to grow client base.
* Assist with the employee life cycle of M&E coordinator team (including recruitment, training and day-to-day management of any people management issues).
* Undertake pre-booked or walk-in show-rounds and details meetings for current and potential bookings.
* Ensure compliance with insurance obligations, hotel security, fire safety, health and safety and licensing regulations.
* Participate in in-house or external meetings or training sessions when requested
* Assist and work with other departments throughout the group wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships and communication.
* Ensure M&E coordinators fulfil their duties and responsibilities.
* Ensure compliance with company standards and strive to achieve departmental target
* Receive feedback from clients during and after their events.
Resolve client disputes/ complaints in a professional manner.
Maintain feedback database
* Assist with training of new employees
* Obtain prepayments and reconcile account queries.
Complete invoicing procedures within 1 working day of an event.
Produce amended invoices if required
* Ensure all enquiries, provisional bookings and requested payments are chased and completed by the correct methods.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Deputy Head of Meetings & Events, please click APPLY below to register your interest!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory.
We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
More Jobs from CV WOW
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Retail Supervisor / Team Leader
- Retail / Catering Store Manager
- Barista / Retail Sales Assistant
- Health and Safety Advisor
- Business Support Coordinator
- Logistics Administrator
- Plant Operative
- Management Accountant : 12 Month FTC
- Assistant Operations Manager - Powergen
- Laboratory Technician
- Operations Director
- Landfill Gas Technician
- HSSA Manager : Capital Projects
- Logistics Unit Manager
- Conveyancing Assistant