SENIOR INVESTMENT ANALYST - GLOBAL VALUE
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a boutique investment business located in Edinburgh, is seeking an experienced individual to join their front office investment management team in the position of Global Investment Analyst or Senior Investment Analyst.
The role holder will be required to produce in-depth company and stock research with a focus on qualitative metrics together with numerical positioning and returns.
We are actively seeking applications from motivated individuals with experience of fundamental company analysis; background experience in value investing is a critical requirement for this position.
Individuals must also have innate analytical skills and a proven ability to understand, digest and absorb new information quickly.
- Produce a minimum of 20 company reports per annum, specific companies to be agreed with the CIO or senior members of the investment team.
Each report to consist of a business analysis, addressing the 8 quality factors of the company, and a separate company valuation analysis.
- Participate in the weekly investment team meetings
- Present written research to the team and respond to written/verbal questions
- Evaluate colleague's research and contribute to an informed and respectful debate within the team.
- Participate in the voting on the quality criteria of companies researched by the team.
- Participate in bi-annual offsite meetings
- Prepare and present an ad hoc paper on a subject to be agreed with the CIO.
The ability to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
Demonstrates an ability to understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical skills.
Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
Acts without being told what to do.
Brings new ideas to the table.
- Good communication skills.
Speaks and writes clearly in all communications, both internal and external.
- Honesty & Integrity.
Does not cut ethical corners.
Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Work ethic.
Possesses a track record of working hard to get the job done
Works well with peers and supervisor to establish a healthy collaborative working environment.
Exhibits a keen interest in investing.
- Openness to criticism and ideas.
Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Listening skills.
Lets others speak and wants to understand their perspectives.
- Chartered Financial Analyst Qualification - Levels 1-3 or studying towards this
- In-depth knowledge of and affinity with the discipline of value investing
- Experience of fundamental company analysis.
- Focus on quality whilst delivering on quality
Job reference: 9207
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TEAM LEADER
- SENIOR VENDOR MANAGER
- OTC DERIVATIVES ANALYST
- VP CHANGE MANAGER
- PROJECT MANAGER
- REGULATORY RISK CONSULTANT
- INVESTMENT SALES SUPPORT MANAGER
- OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
- LEGAL COUNSEL - CORPORATE
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR
- DERIVATIVES CONTROL ANALYST
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ANALYST
- CCIE NETWORK ARCHITECT
- TECHNICAL ADVISER ASSISTANT
- INVESTOR SUPPORT EXECUTIVE
- IT ANALYST
- PROGRAMME MANAGER
- MARKET ACCESS ANALYST
- PART QUALIFIED ACTUARY
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR