Development Operations Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dirven individual to join our Operations Team as a Development Operations Manager to focus on supporting our "World Class" agenda.
The Development Operations role will work under the guidance of the Senior Operations Manager and will offer support in the delivery of performance and compliance of hostels within the North of England.
You will ensure customer service and standards are delivered to YHA expectations as well as providing support to hostel managers and their teams.
Please note; regular travel across the region and a minimum of 2 overnight hostel stays per week will be required.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Support hostels in achieving KPI's and maximising hostel potential
* Review customer satisfaction and act upon this data appropriately
* Ensure compliance with Health & Safety including CMI and internal audits.
* Ensure safeguarding matters are handled effectively and without delay
* Support hostels to achieve efficient rostering
* Support projects such as alternative accommodation and springboard
* Ensure hostels have succession plans in place and encourage identification of rising stars
* Support the recruitment of key people
* Support team briefs' ensuring key information is cascaded by managers to their teams/individuals
* Actively promote the YHA's vision and values
* Identify and drive sales and marketing initiatives aligned to the business Operating Plan
* Support new business opportunities/improvements in products and services
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
* Experience of leading and managing the performance of Hostels/Hotels to achieve excellent customer service
* Experience and knowledge of problem solving
* Ability to provide appropriate advice and guidance
* Experience of ensuring compliance and auditing standards are maintained
* Experience of supporting cross-departmental projects
* Knowledge and experience of financial and quality control systems
* Excellent understanding of operational health and safety requirements and awareness of relevant legislation
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Experience of managing an electronic booking system to maximize occupancy levels and drive profitability
* Current full driving licence
Salary & Benefits
* This role is eligible for our Company Car Scheme; the successful candidate will be able to choose between either a company car or car allowance.
* 10 Free hostel stays for you and up to 3 friends across England and Wales every year
* YHA membership - Valid worldwide
* Access to 'Live More For Less' - Giving you access to hundreds of discounts and cash-back offers from high street retailers, supermarkets, holidays, car insurance and much more
* BUPA healthcare cash plan - You can claim money back for dental, optical and medical treatments
Please note: In order to become an employee at YHA you must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK.
YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
- Rate: Â£36,797 per annum +Benefits + Company Car or Cash Equivalen
- Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Travel
- Recruiter: YHA (England and Wales)
- Contact: Holly Barker
- Tel: 01629 592679
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: YHA0001417
- Posted: 2017-09-01 14:56:14 -
- View all Jobs from YHA (England and Wales)
More Jobs from YHA (England and Wales)
- Head of Development and Maintenance
- Team Member (Housekeeping) - YHA London St Pauls
- Team Member - YHA Whitby
- Governance Secretary
- Team Member (Housekeeping) - YHA London Thameside
- Team Member - YHA Oxford
- Team Member - YHA London Central
- Team Leader (Nights) - YHA Manchester
- Team Member (Housekeeping) - YHA Cheddar & Street
- Kitchen Manager - YHA Whitby
- Team Leader (Kitchen) - YHA Ilam Hall
- Team Member - YHA London Oxford Street
- Team Member - YHA Bristol
- Team Leader (Housekeeping) - YHA London Thameside
- Team Member - YHA London Earls Court
- Deputy Manager - YHA Oxford
- Team Member (Housekeeping) - YHA London Oxford Street
- Team Member - YHA Canterbury
- Team Member (Housekeeping) - YHA Oxford
- Team Member (Nights) - YHA Liverpool