Information Security Engineer -Central London - £55k - £60k p/a
Are you an Uber technical Information Security Professional looking for an exciting new role? Are you highly analytical and enjoy finding new ways to solve problems? Want to take your technical skills to the next level?
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Information Security Engineer with Team Lead/Sub Management experience for a rapidly growing wealth management business.
You will be responsible for the design, deployment, support and remediation of Information Security tools, NDFW Threat Management (IPS, Web Filtering, Anti-Malware), Endpoint and Identity/Access Management (IAM) technologies.
With various technologies to work with, this is a role which will never get boring.
1. Systems Administration and Computer Facilities Management
Participates in Incident Response and Forensics activities.
Provides timely support, analysis and resolution information security systems.
Implements security protective measures, ensuring timely delivery of solutions, which meet the quality, security, performance, service, and functional requirements of internal and external customers through accurate needs analysis, effective planning and thorough testing.
Identifies security risks, analyses those risks, and specifies system requirements and procedural measures to ensure the integrity of stand-alone computers and network information systems.
Plans and conducts certification tests.
Works with all areas to promote and integrate security concepts into projects and ongoing operations.
Maintains strong situational awareness of protective measures, controls, current or emerging risks, threats, or vulnerabilities and relative intelligence as they relate to, and their potential impact to the business.
Collaborates with the responsible areas to develop effective remediation plans and track to completion.
Escalates issues that are significant in nature or that are not being effectively handled.
2. Customer Service
Is available, as required, to provide critical support on a 24 hours x 7 days / week basis.
Manages problem escalation/resolution in the region.
Liaises with stakeholders, customers, and vendors.
Provides support to operational areas for information security related components.
Provides a superior level of support to customers, including pro-active support.
Prepares, or contributes to the preparation of standards and policies as they relate to information security.
Assists in preparing capacity plans for growth or change.
Assists business units in technology planning.
Prepares, or contributes to the preparation of plans and installations for server, database and application development.
Contributes to the planning of security systems for platforms, applications, and networks.
Creates documentation as required for systems and processes.
Participates as team member on projects involving servers, databases, applications and infrastructure.
Contributes to the planning and installation of security platforms.
Contributes to systems development project plans by determining information security requirements.
You will have strong knowledge of and possess the following key competencies:
, Palo Alto firewall appliances.
, CISSP/CEH qualified.
, SIEM experience.
, Next Generation End-Point Technologies - Beneficial.
, Incident handling.
, Forensic software.
, Mobile Device Management.
, Password Vaulting Technologies.
, Experience in the financial industry preferred.
, TCP/IP Networking
, System documentation creation.
The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded security background in Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) technologies, DLP, Vulnerability Scanning, experience of engineering and administering end point security applications including full disk encryption, HIDS, NAC, cloud based storage, mobile technologies, IDS/IPS, forensics, NGFW and anti-virus.
Extensive contact with internal stakeholders, other information technology (IT) professionals, and vendors is required to identify, research, analyse, and resolve complex issues and problems.
The Information Security Engineer will also assist with design, implementation, configuration, integration, documentation and maintenance of information security related solutions.
This role includes dotted line reporting into the global Security Engineering department, which will require the individual to take direction on new technologies and projects whilst also managing the expectations of the local environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
I am currently recruiting for a leading wealth management business, supporting 90 commercially independent practices that represent a mix of private client investment managers, stockbrokers and investment focused financial planners located throughout the UK.
Their diversified business model and commitment to client service has seen them deliver extremely high-quality work to their clients.
My client works with a diverse range of customers and technologies so has a lively environment full of new challenges.
No two days will be the same.
Based in Central London, this college has an enviable location as you will be working in the heart of London with great facilities and opportunities abound.
ABOUT THE REWARDS
£55,000-£60,000 per annum
Generous holiday allowance
Investment in training
HOW TO APPLY
Great opportunities like this don't last long.
Submit your CV now at email@example.com.
Alternatively, give Emmanuel a call on 02074269817 to discuss whether this role is right for you.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
- Location: City of London, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Just IT Recruitment
- Tel: 020 7426 9817
- Fax: 020 7247 3991
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2017-09-17 11:24:00 -
- View all Jobs from Just IT Recruitment
More Jobs from Just IT Recruitment
- IT Project Manager - MSP- Central London - £45K
- Junior Data Analyst – Data Sector - Central London – Up to 25k
- Support Engineer - Central London - £35,000-£40,000 per annum
- Windows Infrastructure Engineer - C.London - £40,000-£48,000p/a
- 2nd line Engineer - Chingford - Salary up to £30K
- Office Manager - Marylebone, London - up to £40,000
- C# /.Net Team Lead– Central London – up to £75,000
- Java Software Developer *Gaming Company* London - £75,000
- QA Tester – *MARKETING INDUSTRY* - Central London - £30,000 p/a
- IT Technical Systems Analyst - Law Firm - London- up to £40k
- Junior Java Software Developer *Gaming Company* London - £35k
- C# Web Developer – Marketing Industry - Central London - £30k
- Senior Data Warehouse Engineer *Gaming Company* London - £75k
- Java Developer – Creative Agency (London, Teddington) £40,000
- 1st Line Support – London – West Kensington - ASAP - £23,000
- 1st/2nd Line IT Support Analyst- West London- up to £25,000
- 2nd Line IT Support Analyst - West London - up to £35,000
- Mid Level Java Developer - Nautical Data Company - up to £45k
- Mid Level C# Developer - Nautical Data Company – up to £45k
- Full Stack Web Developer - Multi-National Electronics - £40,000