Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Multi-skilled Engineer - Electrical bias
- Dalton Airfield, Thirsk
- £36,661 + excellent benefits package
Baxter Personnel are recruiting for Inspired Pet Nutrition Limited (IPN) on sole supplier agreement.
Inspired Pet Nutrition Limited, an award winning and long established FMCG pet food manufacturer with market leading brands including; Wagg and Harringtons and based in Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
IPN are now looking for an experienced Multi-skilled Engineer - Electrical bias.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a multi-skilled engineer who is looking to take the next step and develop their career in an innovative company that uses cutting edge technology.
Hours of work: 43,2 hours (average) per week under a rotational shift system.
Hours of work will differ on a weekly basis across the 4-week rota.
What will you be doing?
- Diagnose Mechanical and Electrical breakdowns, assessing the best course of action and conducting a performance repair
- Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production
- Follow preventative maintenance and liaise with Engineering Manager regarding spare parts requirements
- Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times
- Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
- Proactively identify ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of repairs through modern lean thinking and techniques
- Provide a detailed handover to the next shift ensuring all relevant information is passed on and understood
The Required Skills
- At least 4 Year Apprenticeship training (Multi-skilled preferable)
- 1+ years of experience with equipment maintenance techniques, such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Techniques.
- Experience in PLC fault finding using either Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi or Siemens PLC's
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC / HND
- Previous Food manufacturing and FMCG experience will be an advantage but is not essential
- Strong team player who can support your colleagues and get involved in various tasks
- Understanding of HACCP and BRC standards
- You must be comfortable with working rotational shift patterns
What's on offer?
- £36,661 base salary
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff shop
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme upon qualification criteria
- Team days out
- Performance development plan and exciting career ahead of you
Multi skilled engineer / electrical engineer / electrical bias / shift engineer / mechanical engineer / BRC / HACCP / FMEA / TPM / RCP
Apply for this ad Online!
More Jobs from Baxter Personnel ltd
- Bar and Hospitality Staff
- Catering and Hospitality Assistant
- Store Manager
- Sales Executive
- Machine Operator
- Store Manager - Howard Street
- Store Manager - Goldthorn Hill
- Store Manager
- Store Manager - Woolaston
- Store Manager
- Store Manager - Airport Retail Park
- Store Manager - Roseberry Avenue
- Store Manager - Hinckley Road
- Store Manager - Radford
- Store Manager - Shultern Lane
- Store Manager - Gallagher Retail Park
- Store Manager - Edgbaston
- Store Manager - Bordesley Road
- Store Manager - College Road
- HGV Technician