RELIABILITY ENGINEER - £46K - COVENTRY - PERMANENT
My client is a cutting-edge designer and manufacturer of technology for safety critical industry, due to continued strong growth they are looking to add a Permanent RM&S Engineer to the team based in Coventry.
The successful candidate will provide technical expertise and leadership to support optimisation of systems and equipment reliability, maintainability and safety parameters.
To provide systems that meet their safety objectives, that are reliable and which require minimum expenditure to support throughout its operational life.
- Take a lead role in developing the technical capability of the RM&S department.
Bringing knowledge from previous experience and using this to develop state-of-the-art processes for RM&S workflow.
- Conduct technical RM&S work to support both mechanical and electronics equipment with a detailed knowledge the following skill sets: Reliability, Maintainability, Safety & Testability.
- Work towards becoming our RM&S technical authority and technically mentor less experienced members of team.
- Prepare and review documentation including the following: Reliability documentation, FMECAs, Provisioning (spares) documentation, Failure Catalogues, Testability documentation, Flight Safety Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Maintainability Analysis.
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers including offshore engineering teams
- Demonstrates service excellence to both internal and external customers by focusing directly on identification and satisfaction of their needs.
Specific emphasis to be placed in support of development programme teams
- Be able to review and understand external Technical Specifications as they apply to Reliability, Safety and Maintainability contractual requirements
- Be able to review and understand Technical Drawings, Design Reports etc.
- Be able to review and understand system schematic diagrams
- Plan, organize and control activities to ensure on-time delivery and the quality of their output
- Actively participate as a member of the RM&S department and/or project teams
- Be able to carries out special duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
IEng/CEng accredited University degree in Aerospace Technology / Systems / Aeronautical / Aero-Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline with a strong Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering content.
Relevant industrial experience can be considered also.
- Expertise with RM&S standards, e.g.
MIL-HDBK, DEF-STAN and MIL-STAN, ARP4671.
- Good planning, organisational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision-making, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering principles.
- A strong knowledge of aircraft mechanical systems and equipment.
- Good understanding of Aircraft Systems development.
- Working knowledge of PC's and Microsoft office suite at intermediate level.
Coventry, Birmingham, Worcester, Northampton, Nottingham, Kettering, Leicester
Reliability, Maintainability, Testability, Safety, Aerospace, Electronics, Engineer, Design, Authority,