Social Worker - Child Protection - Leatherhead, Surrey
Social Worker - Child Protection - Leatherhead, Surrey - Pay from £32,839pa
We are pleased to announce that the Child Protection team in Leatherhead, Surrey have a social worker vacancy.
This is an amazing opportunity to work within an experienced and motivated team, allowing individuals to development existing skills and create new ones.
- £2,000 'Golden Hello'
- 28 days annual leave
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 to help you be closer to work
About the role:
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion.
To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.
- To contribute to ensuring a positive, high profile for Surrey Children's service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Taking guidance from more experienced staff, the role holder will undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan, and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- You will assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Job holders will also contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
A social worker atLeatherhead, Surrey will be expected to:
- Provide assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequtely protected.
- Support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families.
- Undertake child protection investigations and act as key worker to children and young people with a child protection plan, taking guidance from more experienced staff.
- Assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
Candidates are required to:
- Be eligible to work within in the U.K.
- Full driving license and car
- A minimum of one year post-qualified experience
If you are interested, then please do not hesitate to contact Ed on 0207 046 6218 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Jobs from Liquid Personnel
- Administration Assistant
- Recruitment Consultant - London & South Division (Manchester)
- Part Time Social Worker - Referral and Assessment - Reading
- Graduate Recruitment Consultant -Recruitment (Manchester)
- RMN - Staff Nurse - Nursing Home
- Sales Consultant - Sales (Manchester)
- RMN or RNLD - Male and Female Neuro-Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapist - Acute Medical - Buckingham - Band 6
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant - Recruitment (Manchester)
- Occupational Therapist - Enablement - Wandsworth - Up to £20ph
- Registered Nurse - Acute Physical Disabilities
- Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Rapid Response - Harrow
- Physiotherapist - Band 6 - Neuro - Derby
- Registered Nurse - Complex Care and Neurological Disorders
- Occupational Therapist - Paediatrics - Band 6 - Havering
- Clinical Manager - RMN
- Physiotherapy - Paediatrics - Band 6 - Mitcham
- Social Worker - Duty & Assessment Team
- Integrated practitioner - Adult Social Services - Medway
- Social Worker - Fostering