Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer (part home based)
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Network Engineer to join a market leading global company.
This position is for a Senior Network Engineer working in a global team with key responsibilities in WAN / LAN / WLAN infrastructure.
Success in this position requires strong communication and planning skills with a thorough knowledge of WAN, LAN, WLAN, Firewalls, network management and telecommunication processes. He/she will demonstrate excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. He/she will provide technical expertise and support for new technologies and network applications in response to business needs.
- Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of WANs on a global scale.
- Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of Firewall technologies.
- Experience in the management, design, configuration and support of LAN/WLAN topologies
- Experience in enterprise security principals and technologies.
Scope of Job
- Work as part of the Global IT Infrastructure team to provide operational support to the existing IT infrastructure.
- Maintain change control process.
- Develop, prepare, implement and monitor IT Infrastructure projects.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge within his/her skill set; meet the level of an “expert” within the business.
- Facilitate improved understanding of IT methods throughout the business.
- Consult on technical processes within his/her skill set across the business.
- Communicate tasks and projects regularly within user groups and Global Infrastructure Team.
- Provide an interface to customers and suppliers at all levels to develop technical relationships.
- Prepare and monitor policies, procedures and budgets.
- Develop infrastructure monitoring and trend analysis techniques.
Preferred Education & Experiences to fulfil role (essential & desirable)
- Candidate should possess required knowledge and experience to pass Cisco certification examinations. Cisco certifications such as CCNA or CCNP are preferred.
- Excellent technical skills and experience in WAN, LAN and WLAN management and support.
- Network monitoring and analysis.
- Microsoft server and active directory skills are desirable.
- Understanding of remote access technologies and their implementation.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: n/a
- Rate: Â£50000 to Â£55000 Per: annum Benefits: Excellent benefits
- Location: Birmingham,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Monarch Recruitment Limited
- Contact: Adam Straker
- Tel: 0121 237 3280
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SeniorNET
- Posted: 2017-11-02 14:39:55 -
- View all Jobs from Monarch Recruitment Limited
More Jobs from Monarch Recruitment Limited
- Network Engineer IP Networks BGP £40K - £45K
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Senior Java Developer - Agile - Reigate
- SQL Developer – T-SQL
- Head of Analytics - Senior Analytics Manager - Ecommerce Start Up - Director of Analytics
- Test Analyst - Automation Selenium
- ABAP Developer
- Service Desk Manager MSP London £40K
- ICT Commercial Lead - Inside IR35 - SC Cleared
- .Net Developer - C#
- Head of Software Engineering - Restructure
- Oracle DBA
- Product Manager
- RF Engineer
- Agile Delivery Manager 50K - £60K
- Network Engineer, Security, Firewalls £32K
- Software as a Service Product Manager (SaaS)
- Senior Web C# ASP.NET Developer - Digital
- Senior Project Manager, Retail Software
- Systems Analyst