Deputy Publishing Editor
Our client is an award-winning boutique publisher based on the Kings Road in the heart of Chelsea.
They produce compelling content for 17 special interest brands, which are published in print and on multiple online platforms.
Every month over 1 million readers enjoy their print magazines and they reach a further 1.5 million online users via their websites, email marketing, social channels and mobile apps.
They employ a team of more than 100 dedicated and talented staff, who are led by an experienced senior management group of publishing experts.
As well as the head office in London, there are offices in Cheltenham and North Carolina, USA to maximise distribution to the growing audience in North America.
The English Garden is the leading glossy magazine for everyone who loves beautiful gardens.
Each issue is filled with breath-taking garden photography, seasonal plant guides, expert advice and design inspiration.
Published 13 times per year, and with an extensive subscriber base and newsstand readership both in the UK and North America, The English Garden seeks an organised, level-headed and fast-thinking deputy editor who will share the team’s passion for gardening.
Main Role Outlined
- In the absence of the Editor, the ideal candidate will be able to deputise with confidence
- You will manage the team and also the more challenging aspects of long-range feature planning.
- Commissioning writers and photographers will be a key part of the role and you will be expected to have sufficient knowledge (and taste)
- A font of exceptional feature ideas, you will also possess excellent editing and writing skill
- You will need to be able to turn your hand to crafting short news stories, profiles and in-depth gardening features
- You will create “must-click” online content and social media contributions
- You will ensure that all contributors create the detailed and exacting content for which the magazine is known.
- The ideal candidate will probably have held a similar role on a national title, be au fait with magazine production and confident using InDesign.
This position is for someone with sound horticultural knowledge so please only apply if you know your Persicaria from your Sanguisorba.
- The company like their staff to be reliable, competitive and ambitious
- It’s important that you’re a self-starter with bags of energy, determination and drive.
- You will need natural communications skills, thrive under pressure and enjoy the thrill of a fast-paced environment.
Job and Company Benefits
- Highly competitive salary, according to experience
- Support for personal growth at a company that values and rewards your hard work
Interested? Please select "Apply Now" and submit your most recent CV, your application will go directly to the hiring manager for consideration.
More Jobs from Postify
- Business Development Asset Finance Manager (Self Employed)
- Business Development (Asset Finance Manager)
- Powder Coating Line Operative
- Powder Coater (Experienced)
- Care Manager
- Junior Scheduler
- Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Night Shift Supervisor
- CNC Programmer
- Telephone Interviewers for Market Research Projects
- Technical Service Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Accounts Senior
- Shift Manager
- Client Account Manager
- Graduate - Media Sales
- Finance Administrator
- Care Coordinator (Office Administration)
- Field Care Supervisor (Domiciliary Care)
- Field Sales Canvasser (Energy)
- Business Development Executive