Position: Engineering Shift Manager
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary £37,000 basic plus 30% shift allowance = £48,100 per annum, plus excellent package (bupa, 7% pension, 10% bonus scheme)
Working for a this multinational heavy engineering and manufacturing business who work across multiple industry, but with its core business aimed at the Aerospace sector.
The company is going through sustained growth seeing its share price increase by 12% in the last 3 months on the stock exchange.
The position of Shift Manager forms part of a 4 person team who are responsible for the safety, and site performance out of hours.
On the day shift the incumbent would in the first instance be assigned to the castings and forge department to support with projects / HSE activity / training etc
The role has no direct reports but the successful applicant needs to have had some supervisory management experience as they would be responsible for any employee relations issues that occur out of hours and would be expected to chair disciplinary and grievance hearings when on day shifts
Provide shift supervision to the Operational and Maintenance functions (including contractor control) as well as being first responder for accidents, incidents and breakdowns.
Provide direction to maintenance and production operatives and conduct H&S audits, risk assessments, investigations, action recommendations, sign off permits to work and be responsible for emergency response plans.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of all on-shift personnel - maintenance and production.
- Drive site efficiency and departmental targets through management by presence
- Resolution of low level HR matters including attendance, shift cover and disciplinary issues.
- Ensuring maintenance schedules are executed to agreed timescales and unplanned breakdowns are acted upon to ensure minimal disruption to production.
- React to unplanned production problems and resolve resource conflict.
- Conduct H&S and Quality audits and risk assessments.
- Conduct reviews of SWP / SOP documentation in line with Company requirements
- Coordinate Operator on-site training (e-learning) for “back shifts”
- Ensure effective end of shift handover and reporting procedures are followed.
- Generation of detailed shift report.
Each Shift Manager will be assigned as a support to an Operational area.
As such, there is a requirement to deliver against set departmental goals and objectives and drive department specific projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Operational Management or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in the control of manufacturing or maintenance activities including permit systems and predictive/preventative maintenance systems.
- Recognised H&S Management Training.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people in a shift manufacturing/engineering environment including autonomous responsibility and accountability.
- Effective communicator at all levels including excellent written skills.
Please contact Andrew Pilling on 01484 645269 @e3recruitment for further details.
More Jobs from E3 Recruitment
- MIG Welder x 6
- CNC Machine Minder x 2
- Forge Press Operative
- Production Fitter / Operator
- Production Fitter / Operator
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Mechanical Fitter / Assembly Fitter
- CNC Machinist (Milling / Machining Centre)
- Mechanical Fitter (Hydraulics)
- CNC Machinist (Nights)
- Buyer (Engineering / Manufacturing)
- CNC Miller
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (3 Shift System)
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (DAYS)
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Mixing Operator
- Reliability Engineer
- Technical Buyer (Engineering / Manufacturing)
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer