Do you want to be part of a growing success story at the heart of Scotland's financial sector? Are you looking to take your HR career to the next level within a truly consultative recruitment environment?
Core-Asset Consulting, a leading financial sector recruitment company based in Edinburgh, is looking for an experienced HR Advisor to play a key role in the next stage of our development.
As a key role within our established operations structure, this is a varied generalist position with responsibilities covering the entire employee life cycle.
Key areas of focus will include Recruitment & Talent Attraction, Performance Evaluation & Management, and Benefits & Remuneration Administration which will be delivered through proactive business partnering.
Role: HR Advisor
Position Reports to: People, Product & Strategy Director
Working Hours: Full or Part time hours will be considered dependent on experience (full time equates to 40 hours per week)
Recruitment / Talent Attraction
Leading internal and external discussions relating to talent attraction.
Responsible for delivery of all internal recruitment requirements from initial advertising through to conducting interviews, managing offers of employment and delivering feedback/outcomes.
Will proactively support the business with future talent planning requirements.
On-boarding and Exit
Responsible for ensuring a smooth on-boarding experience for new employees from issuing of contract documentation through to coordination of induction training.
Accountable for conducting exit interviews and off-boarding.
Performance Evaluation & Management
Support the management team in achieving an optimal business structure which meets strategic objectives.
This will include performance evaluation of recruitment and operational staff in terms of competence, experience, and development potential.
Responsible for overseeing the appraisal process, assisting with objective-setting, and supporting managers with performance discussions.
Will take a lead role in the management of any employee relations matters including disciplinaries and grievances.
Benefits & Remuneration Administration
Responsible for communicating changes to various benefits providers, e.g.
enrolling new starters, updating employee information, ensuring compliance with auto-enrolment.
Lead role in conducting annual benefits review, presenting quotes to Finance and managing transitions between providers.
Support Finance Director with identify remuneration trends in the recruitment sector to include analysis and potential recommendation of compensation package structure.
Responsible for submitting monthly input to third party payroll provider and reconciling payroll reports, ensuring correct adjustments for family pay, pensions deductions and voluntary benefits.
Activities will also include processing requests for maternity, paternity and shared parental leave, maintaining reasonable contact with colleagues on family leave and arranging KIT days.
Training & Development
Responsible for identifying suitable training partners and developing a structured programme of learning and development activities both internally and externally.
Will lead discussions with internal and external stakeholders.
Ad hoc HR activities
- Delivery of HR activities relating to projects and continuous improvement initiatives which support divisional business plans.
- Providing internal quarterly HR MI, highlighting trends in data.
- Will play an active role in relevant internal committees including Risk and Control, and charity committee.
- Issuing the annual employee opinion survey, collating, and reporting results, implementing agreed actions.
- Regularly updating internal policies and process to ensure best practice and alignment with developments in employment legislation.
- Drafting relevant HR papers, with recommendations/proposals for consideration by the management team.
- Experienced HR Advisor, ideally CIPD qualified or currently working towards qualification
- Recruitment and / or financial services sector experience would be highly advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, taking a true consultative approach to HR
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills
Salary & Benefits
Salary for the position above is negotiable depending on experience.
- Competitive Basic Salary & Commission Structure
- Discretionary Company Bonus
- Expanded Holiday Entitlement
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Allowance
- Private Health Cover
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
More Jobs from Core-Asset Consulting Ltd
- SALESFORCE BA
- GERMAN SPEAKING CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER
- ESG - CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ANALYST
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATION PRODUCTION MANAGER
- PLATFORM ADMINISTRATOR
- PART TIME RECEPTIONIST
- INVESTMENT ANALYST - EUROPEAN SMALL CAP
- SENIOR FUND ADMINISTRATOR - PROPERTY
- SENIOR FUND ADMINISTRATOR
- SENIOR SOLICITOR - COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
- NQ SOLICITOR - REAL ESTATE
- SENIOR VALUATIONS ASSISTANT
- SENIOR IN-HOUSE LAWYER
- IN-HOUSE LEGAL ADVISER - FINANCIAL SERVICES
- LEGAL MANAGER
- SENIOR ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY
- MANAGER - COMPLAINTS
- MANAGER - CLIENT SERVICES
- MANAGER - CLIENT PROCESSING
- TRADE SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR